World

YMCA in Reading has been evacuated with 20 people taken to hospital after a “mixture of chemicals” caused a hazardous materials reaction

FIRE officials said 20 people were taken to the hospital after a hazardous materials situation at a YMCA.

First responders arrived at the scene in Reading, Pennsylvania, around 3 p.m.

A hazardous materials incident at a YMCA resulted in 20 people being hospitalized

2

A hazardous materials incident at a YMCA resulted in 20 people being hospitalized
It is believed that two employees mixed two wrong chemicals together

2

It is believed that two employees mixed two wrong chemicals together

According to the fire department, a total of 21 people were injured and 20 people were taken to the hospital for examination.

Everyone is expected to recover.

Reading Fire Brigade announced that two YMCA employees had mixed two wrong chemicals in the first floor pool area, leading to the emergency.

“When we got here we found a chemical reaction on the hazmat side going on in the side room under the pool where they mix the pool chemicals to keep the pool water safe for people to swim in,” said Dep boss Tom Kemery.

Two staff members were among the 20 people taken to the hospital.

About 80 people were evacuated from the YMCA, officials said.

An investigation into how the chemicals were mistakenly mixed is underway by the YMCA.

Firefighters used fans to remove the chlorine gas in the building before allowing people back inside just before 5pm.

Continue…Stay tuned to Sun Online for the latest news on this story.

The-sun.com is your one-stop shop for the best in celebrity news, sports news, real-life stories, stunning images and must-watch videos.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheUSSun.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5941320/ymca-reading-pennsylvania-hazmat-chemical-incident/ YMCA in Reading has been evacuated with 20 people taken to hospital after a “mixture of chemicals” caused a hazardous materials reaction

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button