THE World Cup is not too far away now, with Gareth Southgate set to appoint his England squad in just a few days.
The Three Lions face Iran, Wales and USA in the group stage and are favorites to finish first.
This is the first time in the tournament’s history that it will be held in winter, with the big event starting on November 20th.
It will be a condensed schedule with Qatar kicking off on opening day.
While three matches will be played on the second day of the Showpiece event.
However, fans of the competition needn’t miss a single minute of the action with all the details of the matches listed below.
What are the most important dates for the World Cup?
- The group stage starts on Sunday 20th November.
- The round of 16 will take place from December 3rd to 6th.
- Quarterfinal stages begin December 9-10.
- The semi-finals will take place from December 13th to 14th.
- The World Cup final will take place on Sunday, December 18th.
Full World Cup Match Schedule
After the grand draw, the match schedule for the 2022 World Cup was announced.
Sunday, November 20th
- Group A: Qatar – Ecuador (7 p.m.)
- Group A: Senegal-Netherlands (10am)
- GGroup B: England vs Iran (1pm)
- Group B: United States vs Wales (7:00 p.m.)
- Group C: Argentina-Saudi Arabia (10am)
- Group D: Denmark v Tunisia (1pm)
- Group C: Mexico-Poland (4pm)
- Group D: France vs Australia (7pm)
- Group F: Morocco – Croatia (10 a.m.)
- Group E: Germany vs Japan (1pm)
- Group E: Spain-Costa Rica (4pm)
- Group F: Belgium vs. Canada (7 p.m.)
Thursday, November 24th
- Group G: Switzerland – Cameroon (10 a.m.)
- Group H: Uruguay v South Korea (1pm)
- Group H: Portugal-Ghana (4pm)
- Group G: Brazil vs Serbia (7pm)
- Group B: Wales-Iran (10am)
- Group A: Qatar – Senegal (1pm)
- Group A: Netherlands-Ecuador (4pm)
- Group B: England vs USA (7pm)
Saturday, November 26th
- Group D: Tunisia vs Australia (10am)
- Group C: Poland-Saudi Arabia (1pm)
- Group D: France vs Denmark (4pm)
- Group C: Argentina-Mexico (7pm)
Sunday, November 27th
- Group E: Japan vs Costa Rica (10am)
- Group F: Belgium-Morocco (1pm)
- Group F: Croatia vs Canada (4pm)
- Group E: Spain vs Germany (7 p.m.)
- Group G: Cameroon-Serbia (10 a.m.)
- Group H: South Korea-Ghana (1pm)
- Group G: Brazil – Switzerland (4 p.m.)
- Group H: Portugal – Uruguay (7 p.m.)
- Group A: Netherlands v Qatar (3pm)
- Group A: Ecuador – Senegal (3 p.m.)
- Group B: Wales vs England (7pm)
- Group B: Iran vs. USA (7 p.m.)
Wednesday, November 30th
- Group D: Tunisia vs France (3pm)
- Group D: Australia vs Denmark (3pm)
- Group C: Poland vs Argentina (7pm)
- Group C: Saudi Arabia-Mexico (7 p.m.)
Thursday December 1st
- Group F: Croatia vs. Belgium (3 p.m.)
- Group F: Canada – Morocco (3 p.m.)
- Group E: Japan vs. Spain (7 p.m.)
- Group E: Costa Rica vs Germany (7 p.m.)
Friday December 2nd
- Group H: South Korea v Portugal (3pm)
- Group H: Ghana-Uruguay (3pm)
- Group G: Cameroon-Brazil (7pm)
- Group G: Serbia – Switzerland (7 p.m.)
Saturday December 3rd
- Game 49: Group A winners vs Group B runners-up (3:00 p.m.)
- Game 50: Group C Winner vs Group D Runner-Up (7pm)
Sunday December 4th
- Game 52: Group D winners vs Group C runners-up (3:00 p.m.)
- Game 51: Group A Winners vs Group B Runners-up (7:00 p.m.)
Monday, December 5th
- Game 53: Group E Winner vs. Group F Runner-Up (3:00 p.m.)
- Game 54: Group G Winner vs Group H Runner-Up (7pm)
Tuesday December 6th
- Game 55: Winner Group F – Second Group F (15:00)
- Game 56: Winner Group H vs. Runner-up Group G (7pm)
Friday December 9th
- Game 58: Match 53 Winner vs Match 54 Winner (3pm)
- Game 57: Match 49 Winner vs Match 50 Winner (7pm)
Saturday December 10th
- Game 60: Match 55 Winner vs Match 56 Winner (3pm)
- Game 59: Match 51 Winner vs Match 52 Winner (7pm)
Tuesday December 13th
- Match 61: Winner of Match 57 vs. Winner of Match 58 (7 p.m.)
Wednesday, December 14th
- Match 62: Winner of Match 59 vs. Winner of Match 60 (7 p.m.)
- Match for place 3/4
- Match 61 Losers vs. Match 62 Losers (3pm)
Sunday 18 December
- Match 61 Winner vs Match 62 Winner (3pm)
Based on UK time zone
Most read at the 2022 World Cup
What are the kick-off times for the World Cup?
Qatar’s time zone is three hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time, meaning matches in the UK are played earlier than locally.
FIFA has announced that the first two rounds of matches will kick off at 13:00, 16:00, 19:00 and 22:00 local time. 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm UK time.
However, the kick-off times in the finals of the group and knockout stages are at 18:00 and 22:00 local time – 3pm and 7pm UK time.
The final is scheduled for 18:00 local time – 3pm UK time.
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5013864/world-cup-fixtures-england-dates-kick-off-time/ World Cup 2022 matches: what dates will England play? Kick-off times for group stage, KO and final