TAX season is near.
The Omicron variant could wreak havoc on the 2022 tax calendar; however, the IRS has so far maintained its tax payment due dates set for 2022.
When is tax day?
April 15 is widely known as Tax Day. However, April 15 falls on a weekday in 2022, and it is also Liberation Day.
Therefore, the due date for filing individual tax returns and Tax payment is due on Monday, April 18, 2022.
With just a few months until Tax Day, many people are already preparing to file. Here are some tips to get you ready for the season:
- Collect important tax documents.
- Collect information about dependents.
- Double-check personal information with your employer.
- Plan ahead if you may owe taxes.
- Plan ahead for potential tax refunds.
- Renew your ITIN if needed.
- Start filing your tax return first.
Top tips on tax returns
The IRS shared its top tips to make it easier for you to file your taxes, and says these simple steps can speed refunds:
- Apply electronically and use direct deposit.
- Check IRS.gov for the latest tax information including the latest Economic Impact Payments – no need to call.
- Those who may be eligible for stimulus payments, but do not receive them or are only partially paid, should carefully review the Cash Back Credit instructions.
- Advance stimulus payments received separately are not taxable, and they do not reduce a taxpayer’s tax refund when they file in 2021.
Is the state tax filing deadline extended?
If you requested a tax extension before April 18, 2022, your tax return will be due on October 17, 2022.
However, your tax bill will still be due on April 18, 2022.
The tax extension provides more time to file a tax return, but not more time to file taxes.
You can Eligible for extra stimulus when you file your 2021 tax return due to the Covid crisis.
Than more than 100 million second round stimulation tests has so far reached qualified Americans.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US team The Sun?
https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/consumer/2607379/when-are-taxes-due-in-2021/ When is tax due in 2022?