FOOTBALL stars are among the highest paid athletes in the world.
But not everyone gets a big share of the millions of dollars on offer.
The sheer size of the NFL roster means some players on the team have to make do with six-figure salaries.
Rookie players are guaranteed at least $705,000 this year.
But for the rest of the league, it depends on how long they’ve spent in professional football.
The minimum salary increases with each year of service.
Someone a year under their belt is guaranteed at least $825,000.
And a player with two seasons gets at least $895,000.
It’s a far cry from the $50 million Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will rake in.
Here is the full list of NFL minimum salaries.
- Beginner – $705,000
- 1 year service – $825,000
- 2 year service – $895,000
- 3 year service – $965,000
- 4 years of service – $1.035 million
- 5 years of service – $1.035 million
- 6 years of service – $1.035 million
- 7 years of service – $1.12 million
- 8 years of service – $1.12 million
- 9 years of service – $1.12 million
- 10+ years of service – $1.12 million
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/nfl/6015318/nfl-minimum-salary-2022-rookies-veterans/ What is the NFL minimum salary in 2022? How much are beginners paid?