Runes are an important part of the game for Minecraft Dungeons players. They are not a relevant part of the game until the player starts the game, but they are one of the most important at that point.
Runes are a new addition to the franchise, as they are not present in any capacity in Minecraft. There are a total of nine runes available to Minecraft Dungeons players. Here’s what they do and how to find them.
Runes in Minecraft Dungeons: Features and locations of all nine
In Minecraft Dungeons, there are a few secrets and hidden easter eggs for the player to find and that includes a few secret levels. The most prominent secret level, “???,” is referred to by players as the hidden level.
Runes are the only way to unlock this level. There are nine runes in total and all of them are required to unlock the secret level. It seems like a lot for a level, but it does give the player something to do later in the game.
To collect these runes, the game had to be beaten. The player can then go back to any difficulty levels and collect them. Once they have collected them, they can exit the level, as it requires no completion. The following is location of all runes:
- Creeper Woods, near a small town occupied by corrupt villages.
- Cactus Canyon, near where the player must collect the key to the main level.
- Soggy Swamp, after defeating the boss at that level.
- Pumpkin Meadow, at the burning house and near a rampart hill.
- Redstone Mines, after rescuing the villagers for the second time.
- Fiery Forge, at the first door in the level.
- Desert Temple, near where the player must have the golden key for the main level.
- Highblock Hall, near the end of level when overrun by zombies
- Obsidian Pinnacle, in the library in the middle of the level.
Also readThe article continues below
Later, Minecraft Dungeons players can play newly unlocked levels. So basically runes are just used as a way to unlock this level.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/minecraft/what-runes-minecraft-dungeons?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda What do runes do in Minecraft Dungeons?