One father said his young children developed rashes all over their bodies while staying in a moldy, cockroach-infested hotel.
Taz and his family are living at the hotel while they look for a new home – but with limited rental options in the area, they’ve been stuck there for months.
They pay £400 a week at the Pacific Garden Hotel in Wamberal, Australia to breathe mold, shower with their cat and sleep on a stained mattress.
Taz told ‘A Current Affair’: “My son actually got a rash all over his body and so did my daughter.
“We pointed it out to them – it’s him [the manager] shrugged.”
The father said the family wakes up with migraines and his two children cannot sleep at night.
You can’t even open the windows as there are no fly screens and they don’t want to be “attacked” by mosquitoes.
Taz said he complained to the hotel manager – but he reportedly told them ‘mold doesn’t hurt anyone’.
Meanwhile, guests Shaun and Deidre said they booked into the hotel for their son’s wedding nearby.
Upon entering the front desk, they said they were overcome by a “smell” that “almost brought them to tears.”
And they also “found cockroaches in the room”.
“It felt like it had never been cleaned,” Deidre said.
Her pal Brett, who also booked a room, said the place reminded him of the motel from the movie Psycho.
“It was like Norma Bates’ motel. It was just rancid on the nose,” he said.
The hotel only has two stars on TripAdvisor, and guests complain of cigarette burns on the furniture and cockroaches crawling through the rooms.
Many complained of thick dust and mold – one guest said he would have preferred to sleep in his car.
One review said, “I’ve never stayed in a dirtier room…the live cockroach nearly pushed me over the edge.”
Another said: “This is possibly one of the worst motel experiences I’ve ever had.”
When approached by A Current Affair, the hotel manager declined to answer questions.
The Central Coast Council said concerns about mold and cleanliness should be directed to the hotel operator.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6663293/mouldy-cockroach-infested-hotel-kids-rash/ We’re paying £400 a week to stay in a moldy, roach-infested hotel – my kids have rashes all over their bodies