We bought a house sight unseen – I got sick a few days after moving in and we found a terrible surprise that we weren’t told about

A HOMEOWNER has revealed how her dream home quickly turned into a nightmare when she fell ill days after moving in.

Lauren Remesi and her partner decided to purchase their new home in Seattle, Washington without seeing it in person before moving across the country from North Carolina.

Lauren Remesi and her partner bought a house sight unseen


Lauren Remesi and her partner bought a house sight unseenPhoto credit: Instagram/@lremesi
The new homeowners didn't know that the house they purchased had black mold.


The new homeowners didn’t know that the house they purchased had black mold.Photo credit: Getty

But the fashion designer revealed the move almost cost her a lot more than just cash after she discovered her home had a severe infestation of black mold.

Lauren became ill with an infection from the toxic substance just days after moving in and claimed her agent did not properly warn her about the problem.

Speak with Apartment therapyshe explained how they followed their real estate agent’s advice when he told them to waive all contingencies.

Contingent liabilities are conditions that must be met before the sale can go through. Accordingly Square foot houseThis may include, for example, thorough inspections to ensure that everything in the house is in order and that the buyer’s safety is guaranteed.

Millions of Americans are eligible for up to $50,000 in free money for their homes
I'm a real estate agent - my Amazon swap is so cheap and easy and will update your entire home

By the time the house they wanted already had a pre-inspection report, the couple was comfortable with the idea of ​​buying the house.

Unfortunately, the preliminary inspection was not as thorough as hoped.

“After we moved in, I became increasingly ill. What was not mentioned in the pre-inspection reports was that the home had toxic black mold,” she told the publication.

Those living with black mold often struggle with sneezing, coughing, red eyes, and worsening asthma symptoms Cleveland Clinic.

“We just had to replace all of our windows because they were leaking and the wood around them was completely rotted,” Remesi explained.

In retrospect, the new homeowner regretted the hasty purchase of the house and would have done everything differently if she had had the opportunity.

“I think if someone had come in independently and done an inspection, an inspector should have noticed some of these things,” she said.


PaulLeBlanc is a Dailynationtoday U.S. News Reporter based in London. His focus is on U.S. politics and the environment. He has covered climate change extensively, as well as healthcare and crime. PaulLeBlanc joined Dailynationtoday in 2021 from the Daily Express and previously worked for Chemist and Druggist and the Jewish Chronicle. He is a graduate of Cambridge University. Languages: English. You can get in touch with me by emailing: paulleblanc@dailynationtoday.com.

Related Articles

Back to top button