The family of the Texas synagogue terrorist begs him to surrender during the terrifying siege – and says he should never have been allowed into the United States.
He was shot dead around 9pm local time after FBI stormed the building and four hostages, a rabbi and three worshipers, were unharmed.
Akram’s brother Gulbar told of the “devastating destruction” of the family in a statement and revealed that they spent hours “communicating with Faisal” during the siege and trying to convince him to surrender. .
But Gulbar said “we can’t say anything” to get him to give up on himself.
He said: “We are absolutely devastated as a family. We can’t say much at the moment because there is an FBI investigation.
“We would like to say that we as a family never sympathize with any of his actions and sincerely apologize to all the victims involved in this unfortunate incident. .
“Sitting in the incident room all night last night in Greenbank communicating with Faisal, the negotiators, the FBI, etc.
“Although my brother is suffering from mental health issues, we are confident that he will not harm the hostages.
Read ours Texas Synagogue Live Blog for the latest news and updates…
“We couldn’t say anything to him or do anything that would convince him to surrender.”
He added: “We would also like to add that any attack against any human being whether Jewish, Christian or Muslim etc is wrong and should always be condemned.
“A Muslim attack on a Jew or any Jew attacking a Muslim, Christian, Hindu, etc.”
According to Sky News, Gulbar “tried to get him to back off and make sure no harm was done”.
His family also demanded to know how Akram was allowed to enter the US despite a long criminal record and mental health problems.
Gulbar told Sky News: “He was known to the police. He had a criminal record. How was he allowed to get a visa and get a gun?”
“We don’t have all the facts yet, but it is believed he bought the weapon on the street after landing,” he said.
Biden said an investigation is underway to find out where Akram bought the guns.
As the hostage situation unfolded on Saturday, Akram claimed to have bombs in his backpack.
Investigators said they have yet to find any explosives at the scene, and Biden reiterated that on Sunday.
He said: “There was no bomb that we know of as he said there. Apparently he spent the first night in a homeless shelter.
“I don’t have all the details yet so I’m reluctant to go into any other details.”
The FBI did not officially confirm or deny these reports when asked by The Sun on Sunday night.
A spokesperson for the UK Office for Foreign Affairs, Commonwealth and Development said it was “aware of the death of a British man in Texas and is in contact with local authorities”.
Late on Saturday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott confirmed that all four people who had been taken hostage were taken from the synagogue “alive and safe”.
The FBI confirmed that the suspect was killed after loud explosions and gunshots were heard inside the building.
The incident was unusually recorded on the synagogue’s live stream, with the arrestee demanding his release terrorist Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani neuroscientist who was convicted of attempting to kill US military officers in Afghanistan.
One of the hostages, Rabbi Charlie Cytron-WalkerAkram said he “became increasingly belligerent and threatening” towards the end of the incident.
‘A DISCLOSURE ANNOUNCED’
According to the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Alejandro Mayorkas, the hostage-taking was an isolated incident.
Mayorkas said in a statement that the Department of Homeland Security is monitoring social media for imitators.
Federation of Jewish Communities and Foundations and Council on Jewish Community Relations issued a joint statement on Sunday.
It said: “The Federation’s Community Security Team coordinated with the Secure Community Network (SCN), established by the Jewish Federation of North America, throughout the day.
“SCN reports that the situation appears local and isolated, and that they are not aware of any direct, credible threat to any other organisations.”
The FBI said it believes Akram acted alone.
But police in Britain on Sunday said they had arrested two teenagers in connection with the standoff in the United States.
Greater Manchester Police said: “As part of the ongoing investigation into an attack that took place at a synagogue in Texas on 15 January 2022, officers from Policing North Terrorism Prevention West made two arrests in connection with the incident.
“Two teenagers were detained in South Manchester this evening. They remain in custody for questioning.
“The operations of CTP North West and CTP International continue to support the US government-led investigation, and police forces in the area are liaising with the local community to come up with any action to provide.” provide extra reassurance.”
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US team The Sun?
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4478504/texas-synagogue-terrorist-malik-faisal-akram-family/ We beg the terrorist in the Texas synagogue to surrender