World

Ukrainian volunteer mutilated by Russian troops who ‘tied him up, gouged out his eyes and cut out his tongue’

A Ukrainian volunteer fighter was mutilated by barbaric Russian soldiers who tied him up and butchered his face, including gouging out his eyes and cutting out his tongue.

The man, a member of the local civilian self-defense force in the city of Bucha, was found dead in an abandoned building after being tortured and killed by Vladimir Putin’s forces.

6

Photos show the body of the man who was found with his face mutilated after being attacked by the RussiansPhoto credit: Alex Kent for The Sun
Residents walk through the devastation in Bucha6

Residents walk through the devastation in BuchaCredit: EPA

He had his helmet on his head, on which was emblazoned the Latin inscription of Voini Sveta.

It means “warrior of light,” a cry often used by the Ukrainian revolutionaries who resisted Russian influence before invading Crimea in 2014.

Ukrainian forces are pushing back and liberating towns, but what they discover is the true horror of what the Russians are leaving behind – including hundreds of dead civilians.

Serhii Chukmasov of the 206th Kyiv Battalion told The Sun Online: “This man was tortured for some time, his hands were tied behind his back, his eyes were cut out, his tongue was cut off, his nose and ears too. then he was shot with a snout in his mouth.”

How an aging Russian warship was sunk by Ukraine in the biggest naval disaster since World War II
Desperate Ukrainian troops attack in a last-ditch effort to prevent Mariupol from falling to Russia

He said: “This is just one of hundreds of cases of murder, torture and rape in Bucha.

“The world needs to see this evidence of the genocide Russia is committing in Ukraine and do everything it can to ensure it never happens again.”

Pictures of the incident were taken on April 4 when Ukrainian forces were returning to Bucha.

It comes as Ukrainian forces this week began the gruesome task of digging a mass grave containing at least 400 victims.

Workers used a JCB excavator to pull bodies out of the mud as Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskyy accused Russian forces of “inhumane cruelty” to civilians.

And in the meantime, Russia is believed to be launching a massive social media campaign to claim the Bucha massacre was a “hoax”.

The Alliance to Safeguard Democracy found that Russian politicians, foreign embassies and state media used the term “Bucha” more than 1,000 times last week.

The campaign aimed to deflect blame from the Russians, or even to suggest that the whole massacre was an elaborate fabrication.

Elsewhere, a report by the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe – which counts Russia as a member – said there were “clear patterns” of Russian war crimes, including Torture, rape and murder.

And elsewhere, Ukraine revealed at least 25 women, including a 14-year-old girl, had been there raped by occupying forces.

At least nine women and girls are believed to be pregnant after giving birth abused by Russian forces in Bucha.

UkraineHuman Rights Ombudsman Lyudmyla Denisova said: “

“Russian soldiers told them they would rape them to the point that they no longer want sexual contact with men to prevent them from having Ukrainian children.

“A 25-year-old woman called to tell us that her 16-year-old sister was raped in the street in front of her.

“She said they screamed ‘This will happen to every Nazi prostitute’ as they raped her sister.”

The disgusting acts are part of numerous reports from Russian war crimes over the devastated state.

When asked if she could assess the extent of the sex crimes committed by Russian troops during the occupation, Denisova replied: “It’s impossible at the moment because not everyone is ready to tell us what happened to them.

“The majority of them are currently requesting psychological support, so we cannot register these as crimes unless they give us their testimony.”

She said Ukraine wants to set up a special tribunal from the United Nations to try the Russian president Wladimir Putin personally on allegations of war crimes including rape.

A 50-year-old woman, identified only as Anna, told the BBC of her ordeal, which occurred on March 7th.

“At gunpoint, he took me to a house nearby. He told me, ‘Get undressed or I’ll shoot you.’ He kept threatening to kill me if I didn’t do what he said, then he started raping me,” she said.

Anna described her brutal attacker as a young, thin, Russia-allied Chechen fighter.

“While he was raping me, four other soldiers came in. I thought I was done. But they took him away. I never saw him again,” she said.

She believes she was rescued by a separate unit of Russian soldiers.

When she returned home, she found that her husband had been shot in the abdomen.

“He tried to run after me to save me, but he was hit by a bullet,” she said.

Her husband died of his injuries two days later.

Neighbors near Anna’s home claimed another woman in her 40s had been raped, possibly by the same attacker as Anna’s.

They said the woman was being held in a bedroom of a nearby house after the people living there were evacuated after the war started.

International Criminal Court (ICC) Prosecutor Karim Khan and Prosecutor General of Ukraine Iryna Venediktova visit a mass grave6

International Criminal Court (ICC) Prosecutor Karim Khan and Prosecutor General of Ukraine Iryna Venediktova visit a mass gravePhoto credit: Reuters

Oksana, a neighbor, told the BBC Russian soldiers found the woman’s body and buried her. “She [Russian soldiers] told me that she had been raped and that her throat had either been slit or stabbed and she was bleeding to death. They said there was a lot of blood.”

When police investigating the case exhumed the body, she was found unclothed and with a deep, long cut across her neck.

A third case was described by Kiev region police chief Andrii Nebytov in a village 30 miles west of Kyiv, where a couple in their 30s lived with their young child.

“On March 9, several soldiers from the Russian army broke into the house. The husband tried to protect his wife and child. So they shot him in the yard,” said Mr. Nebytov.

“After that, two soldiers repeatedly raped the woman. They left and then came back. They came back three times to rape her. They threatened that if she resisted, they would harm their little boy. To protect her child, she did not resist. ”

When the soldiers left, they burned down the house and shot the family’s dogs.

The woman managed to escape with her son and Mr Nebytov said his team met her and took her statement.

In another disturbing case, a pregnant 16-year-old girl described being raped at gunpoint by a Russian soldier.

Dasha, from the now-liberated village of Krasniva in Kherson Oblast, said she was hiding in a basement with her family when she was singled out and attacked by the drunk soldier while her mother and siblings were in the next room.

That said the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan Ukraine was now a crime scene.

And US President Joe Biden has for the first time accused Russia of genocide. “Yes, I called it genocide,” he said.

He continued: “It is becoming increasingly clear that Putin is only trying to erase the idea of ​​being Ukrainian at all.”

The Kremlin’s denials rang hollow when a group of OSCE experts said they had found credible evidence Russian war crimes.

They accused Russian forces of deliberately blitzing hospitals, including a mother-child unit, in the port city Mariupol and found evidence of forced deportations to Russia and failure to open humanitarian corridors

Its preliminary report states: “Russian forces have inflicted a widespread and systematic pattern of damage to Ukrainian health facilities through indiscriminate bombing and, in some cases, deliberate attacks.

“Deliberate attacks on hospitals and collection centers for the sick and wounded are a war crime.”

The Foreign Office said Russia was facing “growing evidence of atrocities,” including sexual violence, committed by its armed forces.

It said: “Those responsible must be held accountable.”

The OSCE report also noted that violations “occurred on the Ukrainian side.” But it said: “The violations committed by the Russian Federation are far greater in scope and nature.”

Ukrainian officials said more than 700 people had been killed in Kiev’s suburbs and at least 200 were still missing after Russian troops withdrew.

They warned tolls would rise as rescuers searched the rubble and survivors gave evidence.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5131857/ukrainian-volunteer-mutilated-russian-troops/ Ukrainian volunteer mutilated by Russian troops who ‘tied him up, gouged out his eyes and cut out his tongue’

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button