U.S. News & World Report has been ranking hospitals in response to their excellence throughout numerous medical specialties for 26 years, however Tuesday the corporate held its first-ever awards ceremony for hospitals which are ranked within the prime tier, often known as the “Honor Roll.”
“We determined to take a chance to place deal with the unimaginable work these of us are doing,” Brian Kelly, editor and chief content material officer for U.S. News, mentioned on the ceremony, which occurred within the Rayburn Home Workplace Constructing on Capitol Hill.
The No. 1 Honor Roll Hospitals for grownup and pediatric care are situated in Boston, and have been offered by Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass.
Markey offered the award for being ranked No. 1 within the Honor Roll of Finest Hospitals to Massachusetts Normal Hospital. Dr. Peter Slavin, the hospital’s president, accepted the award.
Markey famous the hospital’s dedication to employees range and the LGBT group, and the STEM programs it runs for highschool college students. “The one factor [Mass General] is not No. 1 in is avoiding accolades,” he mentioned.
Slavin cited different wonderful hospitals which have gained the highest spot up to now, together with Johns Hopkins and Mayo Clinic. “We view them as allies towards the actual enemies,” citing advanced circumstances similar to cancer and different sicknesses.
The 2015-16 Honor Roll hospitals, of which there are 15 this 12 months, achieved excessive scores in no less than six of the 16 Finest Hospitals specialty rankings. The hospitals are:
1. Massachusetts Normal Hospital
2. Mayo Clinic
3 (tie). Johns Hopkins Hospital
3 (tie). UCLA Medical Middle
5. Cleveland Clinic
6. Brigham and Girls’s Hospital
7. New York-Presbyterian College Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
8. UCSF Medical Middle
9. Hospital of the College of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian
10. Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington College
11. Northwestern Memorial Hospital
12. NYU Langone Medical Middle
13. UPMC-College of Pittsburgh Medical Middle
14. Duke College Hospital
15. Stanford Well being Care-Stanford Hospital
NYU Langone Medical Middle is on the Finest Hospitals Honor Roll.
(Brett Ziegler for USN&WR)
Markey subsequent offered the No. 1 Honor Roll Finest Hospital award to Boston Youngsters’s Hospital, which was accepted by John Brownstein, chief innovation officer for the hospital.
“We aren’t solely the ‘Bay State’ however the ‘Mind State,'” Markey mentioned of the 2 hospitals in Massachusetts receiving the highest award.
Brownstein spoke concerning the hospital’s dedication to analysis and groundbreaking care. “We’re targeted on the long run and the place hospitals have to go,” he mentioned. “We firmly consider that the digital expertise goes to remodel the hospital of the long run.”
The 2015-16 Honor Roll hospitals for pediatrics, of which there are 12 this 12 months, achieved excessive scores in no less than three of the ten Finest Hospitals pediatric specialty rankings. The hospitals are:
1. Boston Youngsters’s Hospital
2. Youngsters’s Hospital of Philadelphia
3. Cincinnati Youngsters’s Hospital Medical Middle
4. Texas Youngsters’s Hospital
5. Youngsters’s Hospital Colorado
6. Seattle Youngsters’s Hospital
7. Youngsters’s Hospital Los Angeles
8. Youngsters’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
9. Nationwide Youngsters’s Hospital
10. Youngsters’s Nationwide Medical Middle
11 (tie). Ann and Robert H. Lurie Youngsters’s Hospital of Chicago
11 (tie). Youngsters’s Healthcare of Atlanta
https://well being.usnews.com/health-news/hospital-of-tomorrow/articles/2015/10/20/us-news-honors-best-hospitals-at-washington-ceremony | U.S. News Honors Finest Hospitals at Washington Ceremony | Healthcare of Tomorrow