World

Twelve children “drink FLOOR SEALANT for breakfast at school” with complaints of burning mouth and throat

FAMILIES were shocked to learn that some students at a summer school program were being served soil sealant instead of milk with one of their meals.

Twelve students and three adults ingested up to 3 ounces of soil sealant after being mistaken for milk.

Twelve students and two adults drank the seal

1

Twelve students and two adults drank the seal

A box of long-life milk was due to be delivered to NANA Management Services staff at Sít’ Eetí Shaanáx – Glacier Valley School on June 14, according to a Juneau School District statement.

Instead they got a box of floor sealer.

An NMS employee at the school was preparing meals as they poured milk into cups and placed them on trays with the students’ meals.

Shortly after the students started eating, they began complaining that the “milk” tasted bad and caused their throats and mouths to burn.

I sent agents to see if there are ALIENS in Area 51, says Bill Clinton
Former NY Mets prospect Darwyn Encarnacion dies in a horrific car accident aged just 21

Employees “immediately smelled/tasted the milk and looked at the container/label,” the statement said.

When they realized what was happening, they contacted the poison control center and followed all the steps suggested to them.

The statement went on to say that parents were called and notified, but “there was a delay in notifying parents that was longer than should have been.”

Students were monitored by staff and others were taken by parents to Bartlett Regional Hospital or their medical providers for medical treatment.

By Wednesday evening, all students were recovering and some were fully recovered.

Donna Baldwin picked up her grandson after the incident. He asked her if he was dying.

“The more I process, the angrier I get that it wasn’t done right away. If I had been there, I would have called a doctor immediately,” she told KTOO.

“This has been minimized and is not OK.”

Although emergency room staff said he was fine, the boy did not return to school the next day because he was still dizzy and nauseous.

The district says that in 2021, a Hillyard Seal 341 pallet was mistakenly delivered to the district’s food storage facility at the same time as four pallets of long-life milk.

The district says the mix-up came about and the rest of the sealing was removed from the premises.

Fugitive murder suspect could be in disguise and have burner phone, PI says
Inside dispute between Nipsey Hussle and his'killer' after clip showed'murder'

On Wednesday, the Alaska Department of Food Safety and Sanitation (DEC) inspected the facilities, and the DEC approved the facility for continued operation.

The US Sun reached out to the school’s principal, Bridget Weiss, but received no response at the time of publication.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5588056/twelve-children-drink-floor-sealant-breakfast-school/ Twelve children “drink FLOOR SEALANT for breakfast at school” with complaints of burning mouth and throat

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button