US

Travis Scott seltzer discontinued production, report says

blank

(NEXSTAR) – Travis Scott’s toning machine is said to have been discontinued just over a month after a mob rampage left 10 people dead and many others injured during his performance during the Astroworld Festival. in Houston.

Scott announced his hard seltzer line, CACTI, in December 2020, according to Forbes. The agave thorn trimmer was created in partnership with Anheuser-Busch and will hit shelves in early 2021.

Anheuser-Busch announced Friday that production and brand development of the CACTI seltzer will be discontinued after “careful evaluation”, TMZ . Report. “We believe that fans of the brand will understand and respect this decision,” a statement from the beverage company read. A source told TMZ the decision to discontinue CACTI was mutual.

Anheuser-Busch did not immediately respond to Nexstar’s request for comment.

While website for CACTI to remain online as of Friday night, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter the account for the spike filter no longer exists.

When CACTI launches in March 2021, Anheuser-Busch’s InBev said the brand broke records, selling out at thousands of locations across the US in just 24 hours. The online inventory sold out in half that time. Scott’s line holds the highest first-week sales rate of any variety pack in Anheuser-Busch picker history. InBev reports Scott, as the founder and creator of CACTI seltzer, worked with Anheuser-Busch’s innovation team to build the brand.

In September, Houston Chronicle reported CACTI has been accused of misleading consumers in a class action lawsuit against Anheuser-Busch. The woman who filed the complaint alleges CACTI was advertised as being made from 100% green agave, but instead contained the sweetener agave.

Anheuser-Busch is not the first brand to withdraw from Scott’s product line. In mid-November, Nike postponed the release of Scott’s Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack sneakers “out of respect for those affected by the tragic events at the Astroworld Festival.”

In a recent interview with radio host Charlamagne tha God, Scott said he had no idea a fan was injured while he was performing on stage at the Astroworld festival. More than 300 lawsuits have been filed so far in response to the incident. Those sued include Scott, the Live Nation concert promoter, and other companies involved in the event.

https://wgntv.com/news/travis-scott-seltzer-discontinued-says-report/ Travis Scott seltzer discontinued production, report says

CELINE CASTRONUOVO

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button