THE WWE star involved in the incident that led to Big E breaking his neck has revealed he was called a “racist” and received “death threats”.
Ridge Holland delivered the belly-to-belly suplex to the former WWE Champion during an episode of Friday Night Smackdown on March 11, 2022.
Unable to continue, Big E was carried out of the arena before later revealing from his hospital bed that he had suffered a broken neck, with fractures to his C1 and C6 vertebrae, but no ligament or spinal cord injury.
The 37-year-old New Day member, whose real name is Ettore Ewen, said he didn’t need an operation but later said he wasn’t sure he could wrestle again.
However, as the anniversary of the road accident approached, some fans turned their hatred on 34-year-old Holland.
The English WWE powerhouse tweeted on Sunday: “Death threats. threats to my family. Stand up for me to lose my job. Be labeled as racist. Great stuff, keep it up.”
His New Day colleague Xavier Woods, also known as Austin Creed, soon took to social media to support Holland himself.
He wrote: “Pro wrestling is extremely dangerous. We all those involved understand that. Ridge and his family don’t deserve to be treated like this.
“Please don’t send them hatred. Instead, use your energy to do something positive, such as B. Sending love to E. Be kind. Please be nice.”
Meanwhile, Big E gave an update on his condition last week.
He said: “I’ll have to see what the scans say. Talk to doctors and then move on.
“Right now, before I know anything, I’m not going to rush judgment or anything. See how everything looks.”
Holland is currently teaming with Butch on the SmackDown roster.
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/7626742/wwe-big-e-broken-neck-ridge-holland-death-threats/ The WWE Star reveals he was sent DEATH THREATS and called him a “racist” in a shocking update