HBO Max is bringing Prince in the permanent timeout: The streamer canceled the animated comedy, which takes a satirical look at the royal family’s imagined inner workings through the eyes of young Prince George.
HBO and HBO Max Chief Content Officer, Casey Bloys confirmed to our sister site Deadline that the series will not continue with a second season.
Inspired by Gary Janetti’s famous royal Instagram account, Prince Originally slated to premiere last spring, but was delayed indefinitely following Prince Philip’s death. Finally, all 12 episodes were released consecutively in July 2021.
Ready for some more novelty nuggets? Good…
* Paul Reiser (Crazy about you) has joined Steve Levitan’s upcoming Hulu comedy Restartreplaces Michael McKean, who previously acted as the ’90s comedy creator on the pilot show, The Hollywood Reporter.
* Comedy Central’s God’s Truth with Champagne Tha of GodCreated and hosted by Lenard “Charlamagne” McKelvey and executive produced by Stephen Colbert, has been renewed for Season 2, which premieres this summer.
*Paramount+ on Tuesday announced an extension for the unscripted series Queen of the universe (Season 2), Real World: Homecoming (Part 3 aka New Orleans) and RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars (Section 7).
* The Beavis and Butthead revival, which had previously been earmarked for Comedy Central, will instead bow as Paramount + Original later this year. Before releasing new episodes, streamers will release exclusive movies Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe.
* South Park there will be a new exclusive streaming house – Paramount + – starting in 2025, at which point the entire sub-category will be removed from HBO Max in the US. New episodes, meanwhile, will continue to bow on Comedy Central.
*HBO released a trailer for the two-part documentary The Story of Larry Davidpremieres Tuesday, March 1 at 9/8c:
* Prime Video has released a full trailer for the animated anthology side story The boys presented: Diabolicalpremieres with all eight episodes on Friday, March 4:
Which TVLine item is of interest to you today?
https://tvline.com/2022/02/16/the-prince-cancelled-hbo-max-season-2/ ‘The Prince’ Canceled at HBO Max – No Season 2 for Comedy