By: KDKA-TV News Staff
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Penguins are back to black.
In 12 home games this season, starting December 11, the Penguins are taking home their diagonal black Pittsburgh jerseys.
The jersey, a throwback to the 1990s, features yellow criss-crossed Pittsburgh on the top and ice-skating penguin on the shoulders.
It was made famous on ice by Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tom Borasso and Ron Francis but made famous on ice by rapper Snopp Dogg.
Full Tuesday Jersey Schedule
- December 11 vs Anaheim Ducks
- December 17 vs Buffalo Sabers
- January 2 vs. San Jose Sharks
- January 23 vs Winnipeg Jets
- January 28 vs. Detroit Red Wings
- February 26 vs. New York Rangers
- March 11 vs. Vegas Golden Knights
- March 13 versus Hurricane Carolina
- March 27 vs. Detroit Red Wings
- April 9 vs Washington D.C
- April 12 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
- April 21 with the Boston Bruins
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/12/01/penguins-bring-back-diagonal-jerseys/ The Penguin Takes Back the Crossed Black Pittsburgh Coat – CBS Pittsburgh