The MYSTERY remains as the Gabby Petito murder investigation remains open, as experts believe the notebooks of Brian Laundrie and his parents may be the key.
Laundromat23 years old, is a person interested in Gabby’s disappearance and the search for his whereabouts is underway after Gabby is found strangled to death near the Grand Teton National Park in September.
Just a few weeks later Remains found in search of Laundrie and is identified as his own.
However, the investigation into Gabby’s murder remains open as the new year begins.
Authorities have not provided an update on the case since November 23, when medical examiners confirmed that Laundrie’s Cause of Death was a gunshot wound to the head.
The Sun contacted FBI Denver on why the case remains open, but did not receive an immediate response.
Former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer told NewsNationNow why she thinks the case is still open.
“I believe the FBI is using all of their chemistry and other techniques to get everything they can out of that notebook, depending on how much is written in it… . You can imagine it can be a long and tedious process. , but they can do it.”
Court documents say that Laundromat passed away, meaning that he did not make a will before he died.
According to court records obtained by Radar, Chris and Roberta filed the complaint in Sarasota County court on Dec.
This couple is asking to be his property manager.
Records show they filed Brian’s death certificate in court along with information about his bank accounts and assets.
The laundromat’s estate also includes a notebook found near his remains. The exact contents of the notebook are not known but it is believed his last words may be inside. It is unlikely that they will ever be released to the public.
Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino said that “filing the estate is ‘a proceeding’ and that” arrangements will be made so that Gabby Petito’s personal belongings are currently located at Chris and Roberta Laundrie’s home. was given to the Gabby family without a contest. “
Laundrie is said to have stolen Gabby’s bank card and used it to spend $1,000 to return to Florida after Gabby was murdered.
It’s unclear what else was in the notebook and whether this would help the FBI in their investigation.
While it’s unclear when this will happen, Coffindaffer is certain that “the FBI will release some sort of press release pointing out who they believe is responsible for this crime.”
If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues outlined in this story, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or text Sugar Crisis line at number 741741.
Gabby Petito’s Timeline
Gabby Petito, 22, was last seen on August 24, leaving a hotel in Utah. Here’s the timeline of Gabby Petito’s disappearance:
- June 2021 – Gabby Petito and fiance Brian Laundrie embark on a cross-country trip across the United States.
- 4th of july – Gabby posted a picture of her barefoot in Gove County, Kansas.
- July 8 – Gabby posted a photo of herself at Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.
- July 18 – Gabby and Brian posted photos of themselves in Utah’s Zion National Park.
- August 12 – Full body camera footage has been released in September showing Brian and Gabby’s encounters with police in Utah. Police confirmed that no significant injuries were reported.
- August 19 – Gabby and Brian posted a video on their YouTube channel documenting their trip.
- August 24 – Gabby was spotted leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- August 25th Gabby Facetimes for her mother, Nichole Schmidt, one last time. In a later police report, Schmidt said her conversations with her daughter revealed “more and more stressful“between her and Brian.
- August 25 – Gabby also posted her last Instagram. No position has been given.
- August 27, year Gabby is saw what was supposed to be the last time. Witnesses said they saw Brian during an explosive argument with staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant, which brought Gabby to tears.
- August 27 – Four hours later, travel bloggers driving through Grand Teton National Park drove past the couple’s van that was “abandoned” on a dirt road.
- September 1 – Brian returned home Florida without Gabby.
- September 11 – Gabby’s Parents reported her missing to the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office.
- September 14, year Brian’s family released a statement saying he had kept an attorney and would not cooperate with investigators.
- September 14 – Brian is was supposed to be last seen by his family. He told them he was going to go hiking in the Cartlon Reserve but didn’t come back.
- September 15 – Florida North Port Police Announcement Brian is a caring person in case. He was not charged with anything.
- September 16 – Utah police released body camera footage about the police encounter with Brian and Gabby.
- September 17 – Brian’s Parents said they had not seen their son for a few days and reported that he was missing.
- September 18 – Police announcemente they’re looking for Brian at the Carlton Reserve in Florida. Police said they did not find anything.
- September 19 – Authorities in Wyoming said they found a body in Grand Teton National Park. The FBI reports that the body is believed to be Gabby’s but must first complete a full forensic examination for confirmation.
- September 20 – Police execute warrant to search Laundrie’s house, seize His silver mustang and a hard drive may contain “evidence concerning the demonstration that a felony was committed.”
- September 21, year Officials announced they would conduct an autopsy on remains found in Wyoming to confirm whether they belonged to Gabby. Police also continued to search for Laundrie, this time on the Venetian side of the Carlton Reserve.
- September 21 – The FBI reports that the body found in Wyoming has been identified as that of Gabby. The cause of death has not yet been revealed.
- September 21 – The Teton County Coroner’s Office said The official cause of Gabby’s death Still pending but the original mode of death was murder.
- September 22, year Police continue to search Carlton Reserve for a trace of Laundrie but no leads. A professional diving team was called in to assist with the hunt.
- September 23 – Officials have announced a federal arrest warrant for Brian has been released.
- September 26 – by Gabby funeral held on Long Island, New York.
- October 12: Gabby’s autopsy results has been made public. Dr. Brent Blue of Teton County Coroner confirmed Gabby died of strangulation.
- October 20: Laundrie’s personal belongings found at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. A medical examiner was called to the scene.
- October 21: FBI confirms found remains have been identified as Laundrie’s.
- November 23: Laundrie’s autopsy revealed he died of a head wound
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US team The Sun?
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4380319/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-mystery/ The mystery as to when Gabby Petito’s murder investigation remains open and experts believe Laundrie and her parents’ notebooks could be the key