CHICAGO – The deadline for Chicago Public Schools families to return home COVID-19 testing kits is just a few hours away.
CPS announced Wednesday that the return deadline for COVID-19 home testing kits has been extended to 5 p.m. Thursday.
During the winter break, CPS distributed 150,000 home testing kits to low-vaccination areas hardest hit by COVID-19. CPS encourages families to test students before returning results via FedEx or a participating library location.
Tests must be deferred ahead of time to ensure results arrive before CPS students are expected to return to school on January 3.
As COVID-19 cases continue to rapidly increase in Chicago, the district has extended the deadline by one day and added a drop-off location at the Garfield Ridge branch library.
The libraries listed as return locations are as follows:
- Englewood: Kelly Branch, 6151 South Normal Boulevard
- Garfield Ridge Branch, 6348 South Archer Avenue
- South Shore Branch, 2505 East 73rd Street
- Auburn Gresham: Thurgood Marshall Branch, 7506 South Racine Avenue
- Southeast: Vodak-East Side Branch, 3710 East 106th Street
- Austin Branch, 5615 West Race Avenue
- Altgeld Garden: Altgeld Branch, 933 131st Place East
https://wgntv.com/news/deadline-for-cps-families-to-drop-off-at-home-covid-19-tests-just-hours-away/ The deadline for CPS families to take home COVID-19 testing is only a few hours away