The 55-year-old man was taken to the morgue “while still alive” – ​​and “tried to get out of the body bag”.

A PATIENT was taken to an infirmary morgue while alive and may have been trying to get out of his body bag, a doctor said.

When paramedics examined Kevin Reid, 55, the next day, he was dead but his eyes were open, there was blood on his dress and his body position had changed, suggesting he died in the morgue.

Kevin Reid was allegedly taken alive from an infirmary to a morgue


Kevin Reid was allegedly taken alive from an infirmary to a morgueCredit: 7News
The alleged error happened in a hospital in Australia


The alleged error happened in a hospital in AustraliaCredit: 7News

He has now claimed to a coroner that hospital staff tried to get him to cover up the macabre mistake by backdating the death certificate, but he refused, Business News Reports.

In his complaint, he alleges Reid, a palliative care patient at Rockingham General Hospital in Western Australia, was pronounced dead by nurses at the ward on September 5.

Last rites were performed and his body prepared before being taken to the morgue several hours later.

No doctor was called to certify death, which is standard procedure, so the paramedic was asked to issue one and went to see the body.

Rare look at the US
I was stolen from my traveling family when I was 4 - I never knew

But he was stunned by what he saw when he encountered Mr. Reid, whose eyes were open and fresh blood from a cut on one arm and the other arm over his right shoulder.

“I believe the open blood from a new skin tear, arm position and eye signs were inconsistent with a person who was postmortem when they arrived at the morgue,” the doctor told the coroner last week.

The issue came to light when a funeral home challenged the September 6 date on the death certificate, but the man’s family were with him when they were told he had died on September 5.

The doctor who made the allegation has now left the hospital.

A spokeswoman for the state coroner confirmed that an investigation was underway.

“Following receipt of notification from a doctor at Rockingham Hospital of the death of a 55-year-old man, the Coroner’s Court on Monday October 3 began investigating whether the death was a reportable death,” she said.

“The court is not making any of these investigations public.”

Paul Forden, of the South Metropolitan Health Service, said an experienced nurse examined Mr Reid on September 5 and found no signs of life.

But no attending physicians were available to certify the death as required.

Forden clinicians he spoke to told him the signs noted by the doctor at the morgue were “not unusual.”

“The doctor was asked to see if he would be willing to set the time of death as the day before the nurse had diagnosed death. The doctor refused.

“The doctor has raised some concerns with the coroner’s office. I would not try to quash anyone in the medical profession who raises concerns.

“The investigation relates to the protocols following the death of the patient, not whether that patient is deceased.”

Earlier this year, a man whom nursing home staff thought had died turned out to be alive when his body was scheduled to be taken to a crematorium.

Bizarre footage has surfaced on Chinese social media showing the moment stunned workers opened a body bag after staff noticed movement as it was being placed in a hearse. The 55-year-old man was taken to the morgue “while still alive” – ​​and “tried to get out of the body bag”.


Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button