The 5-year-old boy tragically dies in his mother’s arms after swallowing a pin as the family pays tribute to the ‘naughty’ boy

A FIVE-year-old boy tragically died in his mother’s arms after swallowing a pin.

South Yorkshire’s Kyle Lewis was kept alive for two days before passing away less than a week after his birthday.

Kyle Lewis, five, died after swallowing a pin

1

Kyle Lewis, five, died after swallowing a pinCredit: Go finance me

The boy was taken to Rotherham General Hospital after swallowing a needle.

Doctors fought to save Kyle – and brought his pulse back four times before he was transferred to a specialist hospital in Leeds.

After two days of life support and several seizures, a scan showed his brain was 90 to 95 percent damaged.

Little Kyle then tragically passed away on October 28th, with his parents Emma and Mark by his side.

Mom Emma described Kyle as “cheeky” in a heartbreaking tribute as she recounted how the boy died in her arms.

She told The Star: “I can’t even explain how I feel. I am broken beyond words.

“It doesn’t feel real. I don’t want it to feel real.

“They kept him alive until we were ready to say goodbye.

“But you’re never ready, are you? Kyle decided it was his time after he had his last cuddle with mom and dad.

“He took his last heartbeat as we cuddled him.”

Ms Lewis said Kyle was “his father’s double”.

She added: “Very sneaky but cheeky at the same time. His favorite saying was ‘It wasn’t me’.

“He loved dinosaurs. We said that instead of growing angel wings, he grows dinosaur wings.”

A family friend set up a GoFundMe page to support the devastated family.

Ms. Lewis said: “When he was in the chapel I went two or three times a week.

“I would put him on the bed and I would lay with him and talk to him. It destroyed me.

“People tell me to be strong, it’s not that simple.

“I lost my boy and I can’t think of anything but him at the moment.

“It’s like I don’t know how to grieve. I don’t know how to feel, I don’t know what to think, I don’t know how to act.

“It broke my heart, but he’s still my boy.”

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6773467/boy-dies-mums-arms-swallowing-pin/ The 5-year-old boy tragically dies in his mother’s arms after swallowing a pin as the family pays tribute to the ‘naughty’ boy

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button