World

The 2-year-old boy fought for his life after swallowing air freshener liquid

A 2-year-old BOY fought for his life after swallowing liquid from an air freshener.

Riley Hart spent five days in intensive care at the hospital – three of them in a coma.

Riley Hart, 2, pictured with dad Dale, was fighting for his life after swallowing liquid from an air freshener

6

Riley Hart, 2, pictured with dad Dale, was fighting for his life after swallowing liquid from an air freshenerPhoto credit: Neil Hope
Brave Riley spent five days in intensive care at the hospital - three of them in a coma

6

Brave Riley spent five days in intensive care at the hospital – three of them in a coma

The tot managed to pull a refill bottle from a plug-in Air Wick life scent device.

Then he began to constrict the liquid – and immediately had breathing problems.

Riley lashed out when mom Kerry Hobbs reported back here at home Plymouth, Devon.

When her husband Dale, 32, returned home, she dialed an ambulance.

Riley was taken to the city’s Derriford Hospital – and then transferred to Bristol Children’s Hospital and placed in a coma.

Kerry, 27, said: “We almost lost our world to this and we want parents to know how dangerous these things are.

“They should just be banned outright.”

Dale added, “Riley is a little fighter. I knew he was going to pull through, but it was so, so scary.”

An Air Wick spokesman said: “We are in close contact with the family to understand all the details of what has happened.

“We are very relieved to know that the child is back home and send our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.”

They added: “We are investigating to make sure nothing like this can happen in the future.”

Riley drank the refill bottle of Air Wick life fragrances before she developed breathing problems and was taken to the hospital

6

Riley drank the refill bottle of Air Wick life fragrances before she developed breathing problems and was taken to the hospitalPhoto credit: Neil Hope
Mum Kerry said:

6

Mum Kerry said: “We almost lost our world to this and we want parents to know how dangerous these things are.”Photo credit: Neil Hope
Dale said,

6

Dale said, “Riley’s a little fighter. I knew he would pull through, but it was so, so scary.Photo credit: Neil Hope
An Air Wick spokesman said:

6

An Air Wick spokesman said: “We are in close contact with the family to understand all the details of what happened.”Photo credit: Neil Hope

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5134992/boy-coma-fighting-life-drink-air-freshener-fluid/ The 2-year-old boy fought for his life after swallowing air freshener liquid

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button