TEEN mom Jenelle Evans’ ex Andrew Charles Lewis begged her troubled son Jace to call him and vowed to always be there for him in an emotional video.
In the clip, obtained exclusively by The US Sun, Andrew, 38, addressed his son’s recent escape attempts.
“Jace, you’re 14 years old and I heard you ran away twice,” the father-of-one said, adding, “We need to talk.”
Andrew added that he tried to reach both Jenelle, 31, and Jace’s grandmother Barbara, 70, to get in touch with the teenager, but to no avail.
“They said I could talk to you once you were a teenager. Well now it’s time, you ran away.”
“I tried to contact your mom, and I tried to contact your grandma, and after 14 years, still no contact,” he said of his attempts to contact the former “Teen Mom 2” stars .
“So I’m just telling you because the only way to reach you is through the media.
“Do you want to talk, do you want to see me, do you want to zoom, whatever you want. I am right here and always will be,” Andrew concluded in the clip.
The US Sun has reached out to a representative for Jenelle for comment.
After Jace’s second escape attempt in a matter of months after his grandmother gave her custody, Jenelle turned around and filed a restraining order against her mother.
Most read in the entertainment category
Jenelle filed an order of protection against her mother, Barbara Evans, on September 1 The Summary of Ashley’s Reality first reported.
Barbara is scheduled to appear in court with Jenelle next week.
The former reality star must prove that her mother’s actions caused the “emotional distress” she claims.
According to the filing, Jenelle said that comments Babara previously made to TMZ about the teen’s escape attempts caused her and her children “emotional distress.”
Jace went missing twice in two weeks last month.
Jace first disappeared from school on August 15, leading police on a brief search before he was recovered.
The US Sun confirmed at the time that the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Department had issued an alert about a runaway juvenile.
Jenelle released a statement about the first incident: “As the mother of a boy, children can act out and rebel as I’m sure most of us did as children.”
“Jace got into trouble at school, we decided to take away his phone and that’s when he decided to run away.
“Jace is a good boy and we don’t have to deal with anything that most families don’t have to deal with when raising children. It has absolutely nothing to do with my situation with David.” [Eason, her husband]we don’t fight in front of our children and we don’t fight in front of our children.
“This is a teenager who is angry because we decided to take away his cell phone,” she concluded.
Jenelle and her husband had been arguing online, which led to the teen’s first disappearance.
A few hours later, the sheriff’s department confirmed on Facebook that Jace was “safe.”
August Keen – Jenelle’s manager – had also confirmed to The US Sun that Jace had been found safe.
“Jace has been found and is safe at home with Jenelle and his family. Thank you to the Brunswick Co. Sheriff’s Department and everyone else for their concerns,” he said in a statement.
The teenager went missing again on August 28 after he left his home to roam the sprawling estate known as The Land and did not return.
Police got involved and quickly tracked down the boy, who was found at a gas station about ten minutes from home.
Jace currently lives with Jenelle, her husband David Eason, and his half-siblings Kaiser, 9, and Ensley, 6.