The home side entered the match after a 2-2 draw with Leicester City on the same field on Wednesday. Johnny Evans and James Maddison scored to help the away team twice from behind to snatch a point.
Brighton also shared the spoils in the 1-1 draw against West Ham. Neal Maupay’s equalizer came a minute from the end of time to cancel out Tomas Soucek’s early strike.
The draws leave the two sides in seventh and 15th places respectively, despite only four points separating them in the standings.
Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion Head-to-Head and Key Number
- The two sides have clashed 75 times in the past and Southampton have a superior record with 36 wins. Brighton had won their previous 21 matches while 18 ended with partial spoils.
- Their most recent meeting came in March when Lewis Dunk and Leandro Trossard scored in both halves to lead Brighton to a 2-1 away win.
- Brighton are currently on a nine-game winless streak in the league, with seven draws recorded in this streak.
- Five of the away team’s seven away games in the tournament saw two or fewer goals scored between the two sides.
- Southampton have conceded eight goals in their last three matches.
Prediction Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion
The mid-table area of the Premier League table is very congested and both teams are aiming for all three points on Saturday.
Southampton Their backline needs to be tightened up if they are to avoid being dragged down the relegation zone but Brighton’s struggle in attack gives them a certain amount of comfort.
The visitors fell very far from the top 4 a few weeks ago but their defensive solidity makes them a difficult opponent to face. The Sea Gulls tend to have a hard time on their trip but we’re supporting them to do enough to leave Hampshire with a point in a low-scoring draw.
Guess: Southampton 1-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Result: Draw (Seven of Brighton’s last nine matches in all competitions ended in a stalemate).
Tip 2 – Under 2.5 goals (Brighton’s last 4 matches had 2 or less goals).
Tip 3 – Both Teams Scored – YES (Southhampton’s solid defense meant that the away team were afraid to shoot and created enough chances to find the net).
ALSO READThe article continues below
Tip 4 – Over 8.5 corners (Both sides have averaged more than 10 corners per game this season).
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/southampton-vs-brighton-hove-albion-prediction-betting-tips-4th-december-2021?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion Betting Tips and Predictions