A MAN accused of raping and disfiguring a woman he held captive in his California home for six months could have more victims, police warned.
Peter McGuire is accused of kidnapping the victim and committing atrocious acts including cutting her tongue, nose and ear and gouging out her eye.
The 22-year-old victim had moved into the home as a renter but was held against her will when she decided to leave and move out, according to the LA Times.
“Very soon after moving into the house, she was not allowed to leave, was being held there against her will by him, and was at that point subjected to multiple assaults,” said Mara Rodriguez, spokeswoman for the San Bernadino County Sheriff’s Department. versus ABC7.
After sensing the scene, Maguire was eventually apprehended and arrested by the police.
Police confirmed he has since pleaded not guilty to 10 counts, including kidnapping, mayhem and sodomy by force.
On Friday, Mara Rodriguez, a spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, said that “investigators believe there may be other victims” when a photo was released to the public.
In a statement, she said: “The update was supposed to be released yesterday [McGuire’s] Photo to determine if there are other victims that we are not aware of.
“I am not aware of any other victims who have come forward at this time.”
Neighbors in the area said McGuire lived on the Chino Hills property for years but rarely spoke to anyone else.
According to a resident, McGuire owned a detective agency and would keep his business to himself.
Others confirmed they had never seen evidence of girls entering and exiting the property.
Earlier this week, a criminal complaint set out the gruesome allegations against the disgraced landlord.
It stated that he “unlawfully and maliciously robbed Jane/John Doe of a limb and disabled it, disfigured and disabled it and cut and disabled that person’s tongue and gouged out an eye and slit that person’s nose, ear and lip .”
Police first became aware of the allegations on June 9 when the victim was able to flee the home.
After alerting passersby of her situation in a park, she was taken to a local hospital and treated in stable condition, according to San Bernadino prosecutors.
Authorities said she has visible injuries consistent with the allegations she has made.
A search warrant was served on McGuire’s home and evidence was recovered, but authorities said he fled.
The San Bernadino County Sheriff’s Department and the Sheriff’s Specialized Enforcement Division found him two days later, on June 11, in Placentia, California.
McGuire initially fought back by barricading himself in a house in Placentia, but eventually surrendered to police.
McGuire appeared in court Thursday when he pleaded not guilty to all charges, including kidnapping, mayhem and sodomy by use of force, the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement.
He is being held under a no-bond hold and is scheduled to stand trial again on July 27, 2022.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/5589813/update-man-accused-rape-kidnap-torture-more-victims/ Shocking update after woman was ‘held captive, raped and disfigured by her roommate’