RESIDENTS were shocked when a steam engine crashed into the living room of their home.
Witnesses said they saw the steam engine suddenly accelerate and collide with a building in Great Dunmow, Essex.
A man told the BBC the crash caused “significant property damage”.
He said the driver of the vehicle was “in a state of shock”.
Local reports say witnesses saw “steam and smoke coming out of the ground” from the engine, which appeared to be having “problems”.
Police and firefighters were rushed to the scene after the bizarre incident around 7pm on April 21, but it is believed no one was injured.
The area was cordoned off while trying to free the vehicle.
Social media users reacted quickly after a photo of the crash was posted.
One person said, “You can’t park there, mate”.
One Twitter user joked, “Very, very slowly… They only had one chance to completely move before it hit.”
Another said: “He must have been vaping down the street”.
The steam engine is believed to have been en route to the Saffron Walden Crank Up Weekend Steam Show, which dates back to the 1970s.