“Sharps” in Nando’s food made me cough up blood – they offered a £6 VOUCHER

A WOMAN claims she coughed up blood after swallowing a sharp object in her Nando’s meal.

Madison, 30, was eating paella at one of the outlet’s restaurants in Melbourne, Australia, when she started gagging.

The woman coughed up blood after putting a sharp object in her Nando's meal

1

The woman coughed up blood after putting a sharp object in her Nando’s meal

The local businesswoman then spent ten hours at a local hospital before emailing Nando to explain what had happened.

But after receiving a reply a week later, she was shocked to only be offered a £6 voucher in compensation.

Recalling the incident, she described swallowing what she believed was a piece of glass that felt like it was “cutting her throat.”

“It was super spicy. It went to the middle of my esophagus and it felt like it was stuck there,” she told 9News.

She started coughing up blood trying to retrieve the trapped object and was unable to speak due to the pain she was in.

I work at Nando and there's a question I get asked so many times it's driving me crazy
I work at Nando - this is where the customers come to the restaurant

“I couldn’t speak — every time I said something, it felt like a piece of glass slit my throat,” she added.

The woman’s father took her to Melbourne’s Alfred Hospital, where doctors examined her throat.

However, a CT scar proved inconclusive as staff suspected the object may have passed through her neck.

After refusing further evaluation and leaving the hospital, she claims she was unable to speak or swallow for a week, citing the alleged object as the cause.

“Every time I moved my tongue, it felt like something was piercing my throat,” she said.

After the ordeal, Madison contacted Nandos to detail what happened, only to be confused by the response.

The chain apologized before confirming they would be conducting an internal investigation into the incident.

They added that they hoped the voucher would prove sufficient compensation and thanked her for her “patience and understanding”.

However, an irate Madison said the coupon was “offensive and “hilarious” and that the company failed to realize the seriousness of the situation.

She said she needed to see an ear, nose and throat specialist now as she was still having symptoms more than a month after the incident.

Madison added that she has now been banned from eating for life and will likely never go to the fast food restaurant again.

In response, a spokesman for Nando’s told 9news: “Nando’s takes food safety very seriously and has an in-house team dedicated to reviewing, investigating and responding to such inquiries.

“We recognize that our initial response to this request could have been improved and did not meet our high standards of customer care. We apologized for that.”

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5987345/woman-left-coughing-blood-nandos-dinner/ “Sharps” in Nando’s food made me cough up blood – they offered a £6 VOUCHER

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button