Senegal have failed to impress exactly in their group stage with just one win in their three matches. They opened their continental campaign with a 1-0 win over Zimbabwe, with the star Liverpool Sadio Mane scored a penalty in the last minute. They then played goalless draws with Guinea and Malawi to qualify for their group stage.
Teranga’s lions have secured a spot in the knockout stages for the third time in a row and will now look to go one step further than they did in the previous edition of the competition.
Cape Verde started AFCON with a 1–0 win over Ethiopia before losing to Burkina Faso by a similar scoreline. After that, they drew hosts Cameroon with a score of 1-1 in the final match to ensure their place to become one of the highest ranked third-place teams.
The Blue Sharks will play in the knockout round for the second time in their third appearance in the competition.
Senegal vs Cape Verde head-to-head record and key numbers
- Senegal has won 14 of the 18 meetings between the two sides. The away team won only 2 of them while the other 2 meetings ended in a draw.
- So far, Senegal has not conceded a goal in the continental tournament.
- Cape Verde have failed to score a goal against the Senegalese in their last four matches.
- Senegal were the least scoring team to advance to the round of 16 of the tournament with just one goal scored.
- Cape Verde have scored more than once in a game just three times in their last 14 outings in all competitions.
Prediction Senegal vs Cape Verde
Teranga’s lions have had a rough time in front of goal in the tournament so far, having managed only seven shots on target and one on target. However, their defense is impeccable and will look to keep one more clean sheet when they play on Tuesday.
Cape Verde have won one, drawn one and lost one of their three group stage games and are not entirely convinced. While their performance against high-flying Cameroon was commendable, we expect them to be defeated by 2019 finalists Senegal.
Guess: Senegal 1-0 Cape Verde
Senegal vs Cape Verde betting tips
Tips first – Result: Senegal
Tips 2 – Both teams to score: No
Tips 3 – Goals over/under 2.5 – Under 2.5 goal
Also readThe article continues below
Tips 4 – Sadio Mane to score at any time: Yes (The Liverpool forward has scored Senegal’s only goal of the tournament so far and is the most likely scorer for the Teranga Lions)
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/senegal-vs-cape-verde-prediction-betting-tips-25th-january-2022?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Senegal vs Cape Verde betting tips and predictions