MIAMI (CBSMiami) – As Miami-Dade and Broward experience increases in COVID-19 cases, free take-home rapid testing kits are being distributed at public libraries in both counties.
Miami-Dade County distributed approximately 152,000 take-home rapid test kits.
READ MORE: New Year’s Day Opening & Closing
On Friday, the free test suites will be available at the following libraries:
- Kendale Lakes Branch Library, 15205 SW 88 Street
- Naranja Branch Library, 14850 SW 280 Street
- North Dade Regional Library, 2455 NW 183 Street, Miami Gardens
- Northeast Dade – Aventura Branch, 2930 Aventura Avenue
- Main Library, 101 West Flagler Street, Miami
- Miami Beach Regional Library, 227 22nd Street
- Miami Lakes Branch Library, 6699 Windmill Gate Road
- Westchester Regional Library, 9445 Coral Way
Residents can pick up test kits starting at 7:30 a.m., while supplies last. There is a limit of up to two tests per household.
At Broward, free test kits will be available at eight libraries starting at 10 a.m. while supplies last.
- African American Studies Library & Cultural Center, 2650 Sistrunk Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
- Hollywood Branch, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood
- Library & Education Center Miramar Branch, 2050 Civic Center Place, Miramar
- North Regional Library / Broward College, 1100 Coconut Creek Boulevard, Coconut Creek
- Northwest Branch Library, 1580 NW 3rd Avenue, Pompano . Beach
- Southwest Regional Library, 16835 Sheridan Street, Pembroke Pines
- Sunrise Dan Pearl Branch, 10500 W Oakland Park Boulevard, Sunrise
- West Regional Library, 8601 W Broward Avenue, Plantation
Residents who choose test kits must present proof of Broward County residency and are limited to two kits per household. Test takers should wear a face covering when driving past.
As of Thursday, nearly 75,000 home tests were distributed at nine libraries in the county.
The tests were quick during Thursday’s distribution. Click here to see where stock is available on Friday.
On New Year’s Eve, all testing sites in Miami-Dade have normal operating hours except for the South Dade Government Center and Tropical Park, which closes at 7 p.m.
On New Year’s Day, the locations that are open are: Tropical Park, South Dade Government Center, Miami Dade University North Campus, and PortMiami.
In Broward, all test sites are closed on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
For a list of COVID testing sites across South Florida, click here.
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/12/31/broward-miami-dade-libraries-free-rapid-covid-tests/ Select Broward, Miami-Dade Libraries Offers Free Rapid COVID-19 Tests Home Friday – CBS Miami