Kim Kardashian West: Actuality TV mogul… social media influencer… slapstick comedian?
West kicked off her Saturday Night Live internet hosting stint with a self-deprecating monologue that acknowledged her unlikely flip as grasp of ceremonies.
“I do know, I’m shocked to see me right here, too,” she started. “Once they requested, I used to be like, ‘You need me to host? Why? I haven’t had a film premiere in a extremely very long time.’
“Truly, I solely had that one film come out, and nobody advised me it was even premiering,” she stated, referring to her notorious mid-aughts intercourse tape with ex-boyfriend Ray J. “It should have slipped my mother’s thoughts.”
Kris Jenner was the goal of a number of jokes, as was Caitlyn Jenner, Kanye West and Kim’s many unnamed sisters. Learn on for all of the highlights…
* On her sisters following in her footsteps: “I’m excited to be right here tonight to point out you guys that I’m a lot greater than only a fairly face. And good hair. And nice make-up. And wonderful boobs. And an ideal butt. Mainly, I’m simply a lot greater than that reference photograph my sisters confirmed their plastic surgeons.”
* On being a self-made billionaire: “The one factor I’m actually pleased with is that nobody may ever name me a gold digger. Truthfully, I’m not even positive the way you change into one. So I requested my mother’s boyfriend Cory.”
* On her father Robert Kardashian’s affect… and hyperlink to O.J. Simpson: “My father was, and nonetheless is an inspiration to me, and I credit score him with actually opening up my eyes to racial injustice. It’s due to him I met my first Black particular person. Wish to take a stab at midnight at who it was? I do know it’s form of bizarre to recollect the primary Black particular person you met, however O.J. does depart a mark. Or a number of! Or none in any respect. I nonetheless don’t know.”
* On the one factor Kris didn’t foresee: “I’m an influencer, so I perceive that the issues that I say carry weight. However I’d by no means inform anybody what they’ll or can’t do. Bear in mind: I’m a Kim, not a Karen. And actually, with all the Ok names, it’s actually spectacular that my mother didn’t choose Karen. One way or the other she simply knew. I don’t understand how she noticed that one coming and never Caitlyn.”
* On marrying, then divorcing, Kanye West: “I married the most effective rapper of all time. Not solely that, however he’s the richest Black man in America — a proficient, legit genius who gave me 4 unbelievable children. So after I divorced him, you need to realize it simply got here down to 1 factor: his persona. I do know that sounds imply, however individuals hold telling me that comedy comes from reality.”
Kim Kardashian West’s Monologue! pic.twitter.com/t60b6ZC6cl
— Saturday Night time Stay – SNL (@nbcsnl) October 10, 2021
Following her monologue, West appeared in a number of sketches, together with parodies of Aladdin and The Bachelorette — the latter of which featured cameos by Jesse Williams (Gray’s Anatomy), John Cena (Peacemaker), Chace Crawford (Gossip Woman), former Bachelorette contestant Tyler Cameron, SNL alum Chris Rock, the NBA’s Blake Griffin and comic Amy Schumer. She additionally co-starred in a digital brief alongside Kris and sister Khloe.
Watch West’s monologue above, then grade the episode through the next ballot.
https://tvline.com/2021/10/09/saturday-night-live-kim-kardashian-west-monologue-sex-tape-snl-video/ | ‘Saturday Night time Stay’: Kim Kardashian West Monologue Mentions Intercourse Tape