Rape accuser and ex-Playboy Bunny Bill Cosby breaks the silence after 5 women filed a new lawsuit against the comedian

DISGRACED TV star Bill Cosby is facing a new court battle in California over rape allegations, in addition to a newly announced sexual assault lawsuit in New York, The US Sun is able to reveal.

It was announced on Monday that the embattled comedian, who was released from prison on formal paroles in June last year, is fighting a lawsuit brought by five women in New York.

Bill Cosby arrives in Norristown, Pennsylvania in September 2018 for the sentencing of his sexual assault trial

4

Bill Cosby arrives in Norristown, Pennsylvania in September 2018 for the sentencing of his sexual assault trialPhoto credit: Getty
Victoria Valentino leaves Bill Cosby's sexual assault trail in Norristown, Pennsylvania in June 2017

4

Victoria Valentino leaves Bill Cosby’s sexual assault trail in Norristown, Pennsylvania in June 2017Photo credit: Getty

The Cosby Show actors Lili Bernard and Eden Tirl are suing Cosby, along with fellow plaintiffs Cindra Ladd, Jewel Gittens and Jennifer Thompson, under a year-old adult window to file sex abuse lawsuits in the Empire State.

Now former Playboy Bunny and Cosby accuser Victoria Valentino, 79, has told The US Sun that she too plans to sue him in California in the New Year.

Ms Valentino says she and possibly other alleged California victims will take advantage of a similar year-long window for adult sexual abuse victims that was signed in September.

California’s Sexual Abuse Accountability and Cover-Up Act is scheduled to extend the statute of limitations on civil sexual assault claims by a year starting next month.

After the lawsuit surfaced in New York, Ms Valentino said: “These are all my sisters. I’m very happy and proud for them and I hope they win big.

“I live in California and we now have a law that Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law that allows adult survivors of sexual assault in California to also sue their predators and perpetrators, no matter how long ago the event happened.

“We have a one-year window to file a lawsuit and it will take effect on January 1 of this year.

“I will proceed with a lawsuit once we have all the paperwork organized. It’s a wonderful thing and I’m very happy about it.

“I never expected that I would be able to go ahead and sue Bill Cosby and see any kind of justice.

“I don’t know yet who will join me.

“There are several women I’ve spoken to, not necessarily Cosby survivors, but I’m hoping to speak to some of my sister Cosby survivors in California within the week.

“There are other survivors of rape and sexual assault in California who can now seek justice as well.

“I’m obviously not at liberty to discuss them or their cases, I can only speak for myself and I’m just so amazed.”

“SHED TEARS”

Ms Valentino is one of 60 women who came forward to help Cosby – known in the 1980s as Dr. Cliff Huxtable rose to global fame on NBC sitcom The Cosby Show for sexual assault charges.

She says the father-of-five drugged and raped her in a Hollywood Hills apartment in 1969, just weeks after her six-year-old son drowned in a pool tragedy at her home.

Ms Valentino revealed her feelings at being able to get justice, saying: “When I first went public about Cosby in late November 2014, I swore he would never see me cry.

“I worked very hard to hold back tears during those eight years in front of the camera, but when I was told about this new law, tears started streaming down my face.

“I wasn’t even aware that I had so much in me.

“I never expected to seek justice for myself.

“It was about talking about the problems in our society, about how women were treated by the judiciary and not supported.

“I have granddaughters and daughters and I have spoken up for them and their future.

“Seeing personal justice for myself wasn’t part of anything that I expected or expected, so it’s really remarkable and I’m deeply grateful to Governor Newson for signing this into law.

“Bill Cosby is 85, I’ll be 80 next Tuesday. I was 25 when he raped me and it’s taken so long in my life for me to start seeing any kind of justice.”

“PTSD SYMPTOMS”

Cosby was found guilty by a jury in April 2018 on three counts of aggravated indecent assault against Canadian basketball player Andrea Constand.

In September of that year, he was sentenced to three to ten years in state prison and a $25,000 fine.

But last year he was released from prison after a judges panel cited a 2005 decision by the then district attorney not to prosecute him and overturned his conviction.

The judges wrote that the decision to prosecute Cosby violated his “rights to due process.”

Then, in June of that year, a California jury found Cosby guilty of sexually abusing Judy Huth in 1975 when she was 16 and ordered him to pay $500,000.

Commenting on the ongoing fight to bring Cosby to justice, Ms Valentino said: “The legal system has just blown us away in the past because nobody seems to understand or care.

“Women are released, our trauma is released.

“Each of us has had our careers derailed, we’ve recovered and bounced off our PTSD symptoms.

“It trickles down to our children and they have to grow up with mothers suffering the aftermath of traumatic experiences and it gets passed on to the next generation.

“So these experiences, these rapes, are not just isolated incidents where you can take a hot shower, shrug off your shoulders and move on.

“They have a lasting impact on an entire family and the people we associate with for the rest of our lives.”

The US Sun reached out to Cosby’s Rep. Andrew Wyatt for comment.

Mr Wyatt responded with a written statement, in which he called the lawsuit in New York “frivolous”.

He wrote: “Unwilling to accept that actor/comedian Bill Cosby was confirmed by the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court nearly a year and a half ago, five former alleged accusers have resurfaced to file a frivolous civil complaint against Mr. Cosby in the Supreme Court of the New York State.

“For the record, these alleged accusers were once represented by [attorney Gloria Allred] and were part of the Prosecutors’ Parade from 2014 to 2016.

“As we’ve always said, and now America can see, this isn’t about justice for victims of alleged sexual assault, it’s ALL about MONEY.

Missing man, 59, last seen 9 years ago, found dead & alive under different name
Why Pete Davidson is such a bad match for

“We believe that the courts, as well as the court of public opinion, will follow the rule of law and clear Mr. Cosby of these alleged allegations.

“Mr. Cosby continues to vehemently deny all allegations against him and looks forward to defending himself in court.”

Victoria Valentino during her Playboy bunny days in the 1960s

4

Victoria Valentino during her Playboy bunny days in the 1960sPhoto credit: Playboy
Bill Cosby appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in April 1994

4

Bill Cosby appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in April 1994Photo credit: Getty

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6866879/bill-cosby-rape-accuser-breaks-silence-lawsuit/ Rape accuser and ex-Playboy Bunny Bill Cosby breaks the silence after 5 women filed a new lawsuit against the comedian

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button