CAUSE Andrew’s accuser of rape vowed to “destroy him” and leave him devastated, a source has claimed.
The Duke of York – who has now lost his royal and military titles – is battling a sex abuse case filed by Virginia Roberts Giuffre after a New York judge ruled the case would proceed. .
She alleges she was forced to have sex with Andrew three times when she was 17 – a claim the 61-year-old has always strongly denied.
Now, a source close to Virginia’s legal team has stated that she is determined to “ruin him” because of his “arrogant” behavior.
They said Mail on Sunday: “No one could believe how messed up Andrew and his legal team were. His arrogance was what destroyed him.
“Virginia firmly believes that Andrew should go to jail for what he has done but in the end it may be enough for him to be crushed and destroyed. He was annihilated.
“Now the question is how much money he provides [in a settlement] and how we left him. “
Yesterday it was revealed that Andrew’s team will claim that she recruited girls for pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and “acquired false memories,” documents filed with the New York court show.
Andrew alleges Ms Giuffre’s statements were “an attempt to dissuade her from participating in Epstein’s sex trafficking scheme, including the recruitment of young women (including at least one 14-year-old girl) age) became a sexual partner for Epstein.
And his lawyers want to question Ms. Giuffre’s husband and the psychologist as witnesses as part of his defense.
They asked to speak to Dr Judith Lightfoot about Ms Giuffre’s claims to have suffered “severe mental distress and trauma” as a result of her alleged ordeal.
Court documents show his lawyers also wanted to examine Dr Lightfoot’s medical notes from sessions with Ms Giuffre, now 38.
His legal team said that Andrew “considered that (Miss Giuffre) may have suffered from false memory, as evidenced by her statements about her time with Epstein and the circumstances under which (Andrew) the defendant The forced assault on her has continued to change over the years”.
The duke’s lawyers also want to question her sworn husband Robert Giuffre about her “childhood traumas and abuses” and any communications they have regarding this civil case that she has was against him.
It comes after the Queen made the decision to strip Andrew of his HRH title on Wednesday after meeting with Charles and the Duke of Cambridge.
The decision on the bomb came after New York judge Lewis Kaplan ruled Andrew face a civil trial about his allegation of sexually abusing Miss Giuffre.
Andrew will now face his trial as an “ordinary citizen.”
His Majesty’s third child is also prohibited from using ‘His Royal Highness’ in any official capacity, and his rank was revoked in a sensational decision.
Prince William was said to have been a key figure in the judgment that stripped Andrew of his titles – and helped his grandmother realize his position as “the grave of death”.
Both he and Charles are said to have completely agreed that Andrew had to go – and did “completely angry” after he “crossed the red line”, The Sun exclusively reported.
ANDREW’S SEX LIFE
The US court’s decision means that Andrew will have to issue a sworn witness statement in response to Ms Giuffre’s claims.
He will also be required to provide potentially damaging disclosures.
Oaths from ex-wife Sarah Ferguson and daughters Beatrice and Eugenie are a possibility.
A full civil trial with a jury could see Andrew being cross-examined about his sex life, connections to Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, and asking exactly what he did with the person. his accusations.
Andrew and his attorneys prepared two statements willing to be sent out after the decision but, in another sign that an offer of settlement may be imminent, and neither was made immediately.
His attorneys have previously claimed a financial offer has not been discussed but accepted that more than 95% of US civil trials are resolved out of court.
And it thinks he will pay £10 million from the sale of his Swiss chalet in an out-of-court settlement
The Duke of York is understood to be ready to do “whatever it takes” to prevent his sexual abuse case from overshadowing The Queen’s Platinum Year.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4472468/prince-andrew-accuser-vows-to-destroy-him/ Prince Andrew’s accuser Virginia Roberts vows to ‘destroy’ him and leave him ‘broken’ in £10m sex abuse court fight