World

Prince Andrew Update – Virginia Giuffre praises judge for allowing abuse case against royal to proceed ‘to expose the truth’

VIRGINIA Roberts Giuffre has spoken out on Twitter following the ruling that her case against Prince Andrew could go ahead.

Giuffre has declared her to be introduced to Prince Andrew by disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, and that the royal had sex with her in the bathroom when she was just 17 years old, an allegation Prince Andrew has denied.

Virginia Giuffre is suing Andrew for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was a teenager

2

Virginia Giuffre is suing Andrew for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was a teenagerCredit: PA Media
Prince Andrew has denied any allegations of wrongdoing

2

Prince Andrew has denied any allegations of wrongdoingSource: PA: Press Association / PA Images

According to Judge Lewis A Kaplan’s ruling on January 12, the Duke of York will face a court battle with Giuffre.

“I am pleased with Judge Kaplan’s decision yesterday allowing my case against Prince Andrew to continue,” Giuffre wrote in a series of tweets.

“I am delighted that I will have the opportunity to continue to expose the truth and I am incredibly grateful to my extraordinary legal team.”

“Their determination helps me seek justice from those who have hurt me and so many others.

“My goal has always been to show that the rich and powerful are not above the law and held accountable.

“I am not walking this path alone, but with countless other victims of abuse and sex trafficking,” she concluded.

Royal, who has steadfastly denied Ms Giuffre’s allegations.

Her allegations have plagued Andrew, 61, since she first made them in 2011, when the now-famous photo of him with his arm around her emerged.

His reputation has been damaged by questions about his friendship with pedophiles Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, who recently convicted Trafficking in girls for him to abuse.

In a car accident interview with the BBC, he denied having ever met her and that if he appeared in court he would certainly have his oath re-examined on that claim.

The incident is also a major embarrassment for the royal family, as the Queen prepares to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee.

His current predicament stems from his controversial friendship with Epstein, the pedophile Giuffre alleges introduced her to the royal family.

It was announced earlier this week that Andrew has been stripped of his military rank.

In a brief statement, Buckingham Palace said: “With the Queen’s approval and consent, the military branches of the Duke of York and royal patronage rights have been returned to the Queen.

“The Duke of York will continue not to perform any public duties and will defend this case as a private citizen.”

That means he is stripped of the 12 military ranks he had held after he resigned in November 2019 following an interview with BBC Newsnight over his car crash.

Andrew is seeking an out-of-court settlement for Ms Giuffre after Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled he must appear in court in the US. It could be up to £10 million – the amount he will get from the sale of his house in Verbier, Switzerland.

A source close to Andrew said: “It’s a marathon, not a sprint, and the Duke will continue to defend himself against these claims.”

https://www.the-sun.com/news/uk-news/4460110/virginia-giuffre-prince-andrew-court-judge-twitter/ Prince Andrew Update – Virginia Giuffre praises judge for allowing abuse case against royal to proceed ‘to expose the truth’

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button