Pregnant teenage girl, 17, and unborn baby electrocuted after getting out of the bath and plugging her phone into the charger

A pregnant teen has been killed after being electrocuted while trying to charge her phone after bathing.

Jennifer Karolayne, 17, and her unborn child both died in the tragic incident at their home in Paraiba, Brazil.

Jennifer Karolayne and her unborn baby died in the horror incident


Jennifer Karolayne and her unborn baby died in the horror incidentPhoto credit: Newsflash
The 17-year-old tried to connect her phone after showering


The 17-year-old tried to connect her phone after showeringPhoto credit: Newsflash

Rescue workers rushed to the scene of the accident in the city of Campina Grande after the victim’s husband sounded the alarm.

But when paramedics arrived at her home in the early hours of August 17, Jennifer was already dead.

Her husband, who is not named, said his wife was electrocuted after she got out of the bath and tried to charge her phone with an extension cord.

He said he heard an “unusually loud noise” and a scream before seeing her lying unconscious on the ground.

Jennifer’s husband told rescuers that he tried to help her but was also electrocuted.

Campina Grande Homicide Chief Ramirison Pedro said the case was being treated as an accident.

However, he added that the case is still under investigation.

According to her mother-in-law, Jennifer was nine months pregnant.

It came after a 14-year-old soccer player was electrocuted after jumping into a pool to get his phone back.

Emiliano Sanchez Tavitas was electrocuted when underwater lights went on in a luxury resort pool during his swim earlier this month.

Paramedics struggled to save the boy for 50 minutes before pronouncing him dead of cardiac arrest.

At least five other swimmers also suffered shocks at the Crystal Lagoon pool at the Dream Lagoon complex in Apodaca, on the outskirts of Monterrey, Mexico.

Meanwhile, four people were electrocuted at a procession last month after their religious float struck overhead wires.

Another ten people were injured during the Muharram procession in India’s Bokaro district of Jharkhand.

The group’s iron religious chariot struck an 11,000-volt live wire, killing four.

Footage showed members of the procession coming down the street when a sound of electric shocks was heard and some men fell to the ground.

Fans'disgusting' as Khloe lets True onto trampoline with injured arm in hurricane
Marine makes lottery history after winning $1.8 million in online game


PaulLeBlanc is a Dailynationtoday U.S. News Reporter based in London. His focus is on U.S. politics and the environment. He has covered climate change extensively, as well as healthcare and crime. PaulLeBlanc joined Dailynationtoday in 2021 from the Daily Express and previously worked for Chemist and Druggist and the Jewish Chronicle. He is a graduate of Cambridge University. Languages: English. You can get in touch with me by emailing:

Related Articles

Back to top button