NOVAK Djokovic’s final case to avoid being kicked out of Australia will be heard TODAY.
The 34-year-old tennis star is facing deportation and even an embargo from traveling to the airport under armed guard if his final appeal is unsuccessful.
He met with immigration and Border Force officials for a secret search at an undisclosed location at 8 a.m. Saturday as he tried to fight deportation.
Djokovic will then attend an online Federal Court hearing chaired by Judge David O’Callaghan at his attorney’s office.
The Australian federal court has now brought the case to trial at 10:30pm UK time on Saturday.
The story of anti-vaxxer Djokovic began when his visa was revoked when he landed for the first time Down Under.
The latest twist saw the Australian government revoke his visa, overturning a successful appeal that saw him released from detention.
Immigration Minister Alex Hawke used his powers to revoke Djokovic’s visa on the grounds of “good health and order” and overturned a previously successful appeal.
MAGGOT TRUSTED DENTAL CENTER
During a special night-time trial, his legal team immediately launched a desperate last-minute attempt to have him stay in the country.
But in the meantime, he was told he had to report to a meeting with immigration officials at 8 a.m. Saturday.
He will then be placed under house arrest again as the appeal continues.
It’s likely he’ll be taken back to the Park Hotel, a notorious immigrant detention hotel in Melbourne.
Last month, a hotel guest said that food given to detainees there contained maggots and mold.
Meanwhile, another asylum seeker said he vomited after eating the food.
When he went there for the first time, his mother Dijana talked about the conditions he faced.
At a press conference in Belgrade, she said: “He tried to sleep, but he couldn’t.
🔵 Read ours Novak Djokovic’s Live Blog for latest update
“As a mother, what can I say, you just imagine how I feel, I feel horrible since yesterday, last 24 hours.
“They’re holding him as a prisoner, it’s just not fair, it’s not human.”
PLAN ACCEPTED BY THE MILITARY INSTRUCTIONS
If deported from Australia, Djokovic faces being escorted on a plane by armed police.
Follow court legal site, if an application to stay is denied a person will be arrested and removed from Australia.
Lawyer Michelle Makela wrote on the website: “Unless you leave voluntarily you will be arrested and deported from Australia.
Police and Australian Border Force officers are regularly armed.
Immigration expert Abdul Rizvi told Channel 10’s The Project of what could happen.
“Cancellation notices (to be) made by Australian Border Force (officers) who usually wear very dark uniforms and often carry guns to Mr. Djokovic’s hotel or on the tennis court.”
At a hastily scheduled hearing late at night in Federal Court, Judge Anthony Kelly threw Djokovic another lifeline.
He has ordered the federal government not to take any steps to remove the star from Australia before his appeal is resolved.
If successful, he could face fellow Serb Miomir Kecmanovic in the first round of the Australian Open, which starts on Monday and where he is the number one seed.
Melbourne-based immigration attorney Kian Bone said Djokovic’s lawyers would need to receive two emergency orders.
An order would be an order preventing his deportation, such as what he won in court last week.
The latter forced Hawke to issue a competition visa to Djokovic.
After Saturday’s meeting, Djokovic will be allowed to go to his attorney’s office to discuss his case.
He will be escorted by two Border Force officials, who are regularly armed.
And he could return to those offices on Sunday, when the final hearing on the matter is scheduled to take place.
He will then be detained except to participate in online trials at his attorney’s office, with Border Force officials deployed on the same floor.
BOARD OF THREE YEARS
If he loses the case and is deported he will be banned from leaving Australia for three years.
He will be 37 years old when he can return home and compete in the Australian Open.
The nine-time Australian Open champion hopes to defend her title next week.
If he wins, he will become the most successful male tennis player in history with a record of 21 Grand Slam titles.
Australian Immigration Minister Alex Hawke used his powers to revoke Djokovic’s visa after a court released him on Monday.
He said the decision was made on the grounds of “good health and order, on the basis that doing so is in the public interest”.
Hawke added, “The government is firmly committed to protecting Australia’s borders, especially in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.”
JAIL IN SERBIA
Djokovic can jail after admitting he broke Serbia’s quarantine rules after testing positive for Covid in December.
In a lengthy statement, Djokovic admits he defied the rules and participated in a photo shoot and interview with the French newspaper L’Equipe in an “error of judgment”.
He confessed that he met with a journalist two days after he tested positive in Belgrade, before he went Down Under.
The 34-year-old did not cover his face for the photo, but said he did cover his face for the rest of the meeting.
He claimed he felt “obligated” to complete the interview arrangement because he “didn’t want to let the journalist down”, but did admit that he should “reschedule”.
Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic told BBC that if Djokovic had attended events despite having tested positive, “it would be a clear rule violation, because if you were positive you would have to be isolated”.
According to Serbian law, breaking the Covid rules can be punished by up to three years in prison.
Djokovic’s visa was first revoked shortly after he arrived in Melbourne on January 6.
Australian Border Force officials said he had “failed to provide appropriate evidence” to be exempt from the vaccine.
The star spent hours at the airport and then spent days at an immigrant hotel.
He has also faced backlash from the Australian public, who have lived under some of the world’s longest and strictest detention during the pandemic.
Cricket legend Shane Warne is among those calling for Djokovic’s expulsion.
“Novak is a great tennis player and one of the greatest tennis players of all time,” Warne tweeted.
No doubt about it. But he lied on application forms, appeared in public when he learned he had Covid, and is now facing legal lawsuits.
“He has the right not to get stabbed but Oz has the right to throw him out! Agree?”
Days later, his visa was reinstated by a judge, who ruled that border officials had ignored due process upon his arrival.
Meanwhile, the Monte Carlo-born star incorrectly said in his immigration return that he had not visited any other country within 14 days of arriving in Melbourne.
In fact, he was filmed playing tennis on the street in the Serbian capital Belgrade on December 25.
A photo shared on Twitter also shows him beaming alongside handball player Petar Djordjic in Belgrade on the same day.
A few days later, the 34-year-old is said to have filmed a training session in Spain on December 31 and posed for a group photo the same day.
That has led to speculation that incorrect information could lead to for him to face prison.
Candidates are warned in the form: “Note: Giving false or misleading information is a serious offence. You may also be subject to civil penalties for giving false or misleading information.”
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/4460513/novak-djokovic-australian-open-detention-centre/ Novak Djokovic’s final case to avoid being kicked out of Australia will be heard TODAY