‘Not interested’ – Conor McGregor releases brutal two-word response to Floyd Mayweather hinting at shockboxing rematch

CONOR McGREGOR has insisted he is “not interested” in a second boxing match with Floyd Mayweather.

Undefeated 50-0 Mayweather, 45, defeated McGregor when the two met in a 2017 boxing UFC pay-per-view crossover.

McGregor has claimed he is

2

McGregor has claimed he is “not interested” in a rematch with Floyd MayweatherCredit: EPA
Floyd Mayweather claimed there were talks of a rematch

2

Floyd Mayweather claimed there were talks of a rematchCredit: PA:Press Association

Since then, Mayweather has had three exhibition fights that have not been officially sanctioned or marred his historical record.

But Mayweather could reunite with McGregor, 34, next year.

In an interview with the Daily Mail, Mayweather – who returns in a three-round show in Japan over the weekend against MMA star Mikuru Asakura – confirmed ongoing talks with McGregor about a sequel.

He said: “I want to go out there this weekend and have fun.

“Then I have another exhibition in Dubai in November… and me and Conor McGregor in 2023.

“We don’t know if it will be an exhibition or a real fight. But there have been talks about both. I would prefer an exhibition.”

However, McGregor has hit back at Mayweather’s confirmation of the talks via Instagram.

The Irishman shared a picture of an uppercut from their first meeting with the caption: “Not interested.”

CASINO SPECIAL – THE BEST REGISTRATION OFFERS FOR NEW CUSTOMERS

Mayweather has also spoken out for the first time since it was revealed he was in talks with Deji, brother of social media sensation KSI.

He said TMZ Sports: “This Saturday – which becomes a Sunday in Japan – I have a show against a hell fighter from Japan.

“I think he’s big in UFC and big on YouTube so in the US that will be Saturday but in Japan it will be Sunday.

“And then I got one with the guy Deji – I want to make sure his name is right – Deji, right?

“Yes, Deji. We’re going to do an exhibition in Dubai at the Coca-Cola Arena and that’s in November.”

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/6274529/conor-mcgregor-not-interested-boxing-rematch-floyd-mayweather/ ‘Not interested’ – Conor McGregor releases brutal two-word response to Floyd Mayweather hinting at shockboxing rematch

ClareFora

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button