Chris Whitty confirms tonight will not be asking the BRITS to return to cover – but urges all vulnerable people to get three stabs AND a booster.
The Chief Health Officer updated vulnerable people this evening, but told them they should not return to staying indoors at this time, despite the huge spread of omicrons.
He appeared alongside Boris Johnson at a press conference this evening, where the pair urged everyone to step up and step up now for the best chance of fighting the new mutant variant, which is spreading like wildfire.
Prof Whitty told the nation tonight: “Shelving comes with some very serious downsides for those involved – including loneliness and mental health issues, real-world problems .
“So that’s not an area we want to go down in if there’s any way to avoid doing so.
“But there’s a lot we need to do for people who are clinically vulnerable, and that includes people who are immunosuppressed.
“Hopefully most people in that situation know that they should get their three primary vaccines.
“And then they’ll get a booster on it.
“So they should have four doses compared to the rest of the population.
“And then we’ll want to look at antiviral drugs, and how best we can use them for this particularly high-risk group of people.”
In a very bad press conference tonight:
- Whitty warns that many more Covid records will be broken in the coming weeks – after the UK recorded most cases ever with 78,000 tests
- He and Boris urge the whole country to cut back on their socialization to save Christmas – and prioritize only what they really want to do
- The PM backs No10 employees, who he says have worked “extremely hard” during the pandemic – after photos of staff parties emerged last year
- And he urges everyone to follow the rules and do their own thing to help control the virus
- He emphasized the best anyone can do is get their booster ASAP
Britons no longer have to stay at home or restrict their social lives after that advice was rescinded following a third national strike.
Around four million vulnerable Britons have been ordered to avoid contact with others and be careful when going out.
https://www.the-sun.com/health/health-news/4278515/no-return-to-shielding-four-jabs-suppressed/ No back cover but Chris Whitty urges all vulnerable people to get 3 stabs AND a booster