EVERY year, the National Basketball Association hosts a draft to allow teams to attract players who wish to join the league.
The 2022 draft isn’t short of prospects, and many fans are excited to see who their favorite teams will pick from the pool of collegiate and international players.
When is the 2022 NBA draft?
The 2021-22 NBA postseason ended June 16 after the Golden States Warriors won the championship and defeated the Boston Celtics 4-2 in the series.
Now all eyes are on the 2022 NBA Draft, which will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
Draft is expected to begin on June 23, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
How can I view the draft?
The draft can be followed live on ESPN and ABC.
It can also be streamed on fuboTV.
Who has number one?
As with all professional sports leagues, there is a draft lottery that helps determine the order of the picks.
The Orlando Magic received the #1 pick for the 2022 NBA draft.
This is the first time Orlando has been at the helm of the draft order since 2004.
That’s when they picked Dwight Howard.
Other first-round draft picks include:
- 2. Oklahoma City
- 3. Houston
- 4. Sacramento
- 7. Portland
- 8. New Orleans (from Los Angeles Lakers)
- 9.San Antonio
- 10. Washington
- 11. New York
- 12. Oklahoma City (by LA Clippers)
- 14. Cleveland
- 15. Charlotte (from New Orleans)
- 17. Houston (from Brooklyn)
- 18. Chicago
- 20. San Antonio (from Toronto)
- 21. Denver
- 22. Memphis (from Utah)
- 25. San Antonio (from Boston)
- 27. Miami
- 28. Golden State
- 30. Oklahoma City (from Phoenix)
Sources told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski that Orlando is likely to pick Auburn’s No. 1 Jabari Smith Jr.
The sources added that the order of the top three picks is “increasingly firm,” with Oklahoma City Thunder expected to take on Gonzaga’s Chet Holmgren and Houston expected to take on Duke’s Paolo Banchero.
Second-round draft picks include:
- 31. Indiana (from Houston via Cleveland)
- 32. Orlando
- 33. Toronto (from Detroit via San Antonio, Washington and Chicago)
- 34. Oklahoma City
- 35. Orlando (from Indiana via Milwaukee)
- 36. Portland
- 37. Sacramento
- 38. San Antonio (from the Los Angeles Lakers via Chicago and Washington)
- 39. Cleveland (from San Antonio via Utah)
- 40. Minnesota (from Washington via Cleveland)
- 41. New Orleans
- 42.New York
- 43.L.A. Clippers
- 46. Detroit (from Brooklyn)
- 47. Memphis (from Cleveland via New Orleans and Atlanta)
- 49. Cleveland (from Sacramento via Chicago, Memphis)
- 50. Minnesota (from Denver via Philadelphia)
- 51. Golden State (Toronto via Philadelphia)
- 52. New Orleans (from Utah)
- — Milwaukee (derelict)
- — Miami (from Philadelphia via Denver; forfeited by Miami)
- 54. Washington (from Dallas)
- 55. Golden State
- 56. Cleveland (from Miami via Indiana)
- 57. Portland (from Memphis via Utah)
- 58. Indiana (from Phoenix)
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5626867/nba-draft-2022-when-how-watch/ NBA Draft 2022: When is it and how can I watch?