A British teenager has had his eyes “closed” after suffering a severe allergic reaction to an eyebrow treatment at a local shop in Colchester.
On Christmas Eve, mother of five Rhia Vikki West rushed her 14-year-old daughter, Cheyanne, to the hospital for emergency treatment.
The day before, the young girl had her eyebrows and eyelashes painted with henna which resulted in disastrous results.
Cheyanne spent Christmas Eve in the hospital with her mother, given steroids and painkillers for the severe swelling, but was later sent home – however her condition worsened overnight .
FREQUENT BINGO: GET £5 FREE BONUS WITHOUT SETTINGS
The teenager’s throat soon began to swell and his eyes were so swollen that nothing could be seen.
On Christmas Day, Rhia took her daughter back to A&E, where she was told Cheyanne was lucky to be alive.
“It was absolutely horrible,” Cheyanne told Jam Press.
“I’ve got my lashes and brows and I’m really excited because I’m going to the party and it’s Christmas.
“I woke up and my face was swollen, I couldn’t see anything, I was very scared and upset.
“The doctors told me I could lose my vision and I might die. It was a horrible experience.
“I was screaming in pain.”
Cheyanne remained hospitalized for most of Christmas, before being sent home to recuperate.
However, since then she has developed painful blisters that ‘constantly appear’ on her eyebrows and her hair has started to fall out, with the teenager fearing it will never grow back.
She said: “I am starting to feel fine now but my brows are still very sore and constantly falling out and my eyes keep watering with yellow tears.
“I have loads of blisters that keep popping.”
The experience derails the family’s Christmas plans, leaving Rhia heartbroken over the loss of her daughter.
Meanwhile, her two older children are stuck at home with Covid, both isolated in separate bedrooms.
As New Year’s Eve approaches, the mom wants to warn fellow parents to be careful when it comes to beauty treatments and make sure salons do patch checks.
She was not present at the time of her visit to the Colchester salon and claims that the owner called to ask her permission to dye Cheyanne’s eyebrows and eyelashes.
However, when the mother did not answer her phone, the salon is said to have settled because it received her grandmother’s permission.
Rhia told Jam Press: “It caused us a lot of suffering and ruined our Christmas.
“Cheyanne wouldn’t be able to wear makeup for a long time, couldn’t get a tattoo and her eyebrows started falling out, she started losing her hair.
“The owner of the store tried to call me to ask for permission but I didn’t answer so she called Cheyanne’s nan to replace it and proceed with the process.
“I told them she had a reaction – this was before it got really bad – and they offered us a refund and a free treatment and the shop owner contacted us no cease.
“I want to warn other parents.
“Always get a patch test but more importantly, remind your kids that they’re already beautiful and don’t need treatments like these.
“The heartbreaking thing is that I could have lost my daughter just because of my eyebrows and eyelashes.
“I’ve never been to a beauty salon and I never thought this could happen.
“She’ll never do anything again, she’ll have to wait until she’s 21.
“We’re just lucky she’s alive and hasn’t lost her sight.”
For more beauty stories check out this crafty £280 monolid mother with dry and burnt eyelids and ‘the most painful of her life’
Or watch this Skincare experts say it’s the mistakes you COVER – you are washing your face wrong at the start
Find out why you used the lash curler the wrong way…Do it this way to make your lashes REALLY voluminous
https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/4358609/teenage-daughter-screaming-pain-christmas-brow-treatment/ My teenage daughter was left screaming in pain and almost losing her sight after her Christmas eyebrow treatment went wrong