My daughter, 8, was fighting for her life after two years in a MOLD infested home when the fungus “turned off her organs”.

A DAD has told how his eight-year-old daughter was fighting for her life after spending two years in a mold-infested home.

Little Sienna Santiago had to be taken to intensive care as the fungus had started affecting her organs to the point of stopping.

The little girl was hospitalized after becoming seriously ill

4

The little girl was hospitalized after becoming seriously illCredit: 9NEWS
Sienna moved to Pirlangimpi with her family in 2017

4

Sienna moved to Pirlangimpi with her family in 2017
The family reported the mold in their home for two years

4

The family reported the mold in their home for two yearsCredit: 9NEWS

The girl’s father, former police officer Stephen Thomson, lived with his family in a police shelter in Pirlangimpi, NT, Australia, reports 9 News.

And although the mold was repeatedly reported to the police administration for two years, the problem was not solved.

In March 2019, Sienna, who was dubbed the “world’s unhappiest girl” by doctors, became serious and her condition worsened over time.

She spent 11 days in intensive care, five weeks at the Royal Darwin Hospital and months in rehab.

Six children died when the bouncy castle was thrown 30 feet into the air by a
Putin suffers TWO HUGE blows after Russian colonels are killed in Ukraine

According to NT News, the girl had contracted a severe sore throat.

She was then diagnosed with epiglottis and pseudomonas before requiring surgery for sepsis.

Her father added: “The epiglottis (the lid that prevents food from entering your lungs) was swollen and almost completely closed. Around the epiglottis was a gray-green-brown down, like rotting flesh.

“It stunk, it absolutely stunk. You gagged as she breathed.”

And the girl’s health has been compromised with dire consequences, as her father told the outlet, “These disabilities will potentially last for life.”

He said Sienna is still unable to move the left side of her face, blink and has reduced sensation in her right toes.

A report conducted after Sienna’s hospitalization found “very high levels of mold” throughout the home.

Entry to the property is now restricted as those permitted are required to wear PPE.

Former police officer turned politician Mark Turner wrote to the Attorney General on behalf of the family.

He said: “As this unravels, it wasn’t just Steven and his family, it went on before.

“[Makes me] I’m getting sick and it’s more than a father, your job is to protect your children.

According to a statement by Worksafe, Worksafe is investigating the case after new evidence emerged that the issue was reported to police before the girl was taken to hospital.

The information also included details about the girl’s health, including medical comments confirming the possible link between her symptoms and mold.

Thompson added, “We have received no compensation from NT Police and as I said, they have never admitted that they let us down by ignoring our calls for help.”

NT Police said in a statement: “Worksafe is investigating this matter and it is appropriate that we allow Worksafe to complete their investigation.”

ICAC was also notified.

The family's furniture was also covered with mold

4

The family’s furniture was also covered with moldCredit: 9NEWS

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun newsroom?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5530454/daughter-fighting-life-mould-riddled-house-fungus/ My daughter, 8, was fighting for her life after two years in a MOLD infested home when the fungus “turned off her organs”.

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button