A mother has issued a strong warning about the dangers of beach barbecues after her four-year-old son suffered severe burns on his foot.
Ezekiel Long has been hospitalized after stepping on scorching hot sand at Grebe Beach in Cornwall last weekend.
Ezekiel was taken to the hospital where he was immediately examined for his wound.
The four-year-old was due to return to hospital for further treatment of his foot, which would involve cutting off the skin.
And his mother, Kerensa Long, is now asking beachgoers to ensure all fires are fully extinguished and either steamed with seawater or marked with stones to highlight the danger.
She said: “As it’s this time of year I just want to send a message to people to clean up and make sure it’s safe before they go.
“Take the grill home or wash it in the water first.
“This is irresponsible and can have major repercussions.”
Karensa said she feels the issue is even more important considering there could be even younger children crawling on the beach unable to get out of the burning sand.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/5588104/mums-urgent-warning-son-4-burnt-foot-beach-barbecue/ Mum’s urgent warning after son, 4, has to cut skin after burning foot at ‘beach BBQ’