Mum asks FA not to let Cristiano Ronaldo ‘get away with it’ after smashing phone from autistic boy’s hand

THE mother of an autistic boy whose phone was smashed by Cristiano Ronaldo has asked the FA not to let him ‘get away with it’.

The Man United striker was filmed appearing to slap young Jacob Harding on the hand after his side were defeated by Everton at Goodison Park in April.

Mum Sarah Kelly tells FA not to let Ronaldo'get away with it'

4

Mum Sarah Kelly tells FA not to let Ronaldo ‘get away with it’
It comes after the Man U striker was caught on camera slapping the phone out of the boy's hand

4

It comes after the Man U striker was caught on camera slapping the phone out of the boy’s handCredit: Unknown, clear with picture desk

Ronaldo has been charged with breaching FA Rules after he smashed the youngster to the ground after the 1-0 defeat by Everton.

His mother Sarah, 37, says she went through “six months of hell” after Ronaldo fans taunted her.

She told the Mirror: “Let’s hope he finally gets the right punishment. He can’t always get away with it. His behavior is unacceptable.”

Ronaldo later apologized to the 14-year-old but was questioned by police last month under caution in connection with an alleged assault and criminal damage.

Ronaldo's partner Georgina flaunts her busty figure and leaves Messi's wag in awe
Ronaldo branded one

She added: “I get stalked by people saying I’d pull it back up but I didn’t know about it.

“He should have been treated six months ago. My son talks about what happened to him every day. He still hasn’t got his phone back.”

Merseyside Police paid to have the phone fixed but Sarah believes it should have been up to the star player.

Sarah, from Upton, Merseyside, added: “He should have paid for it. He’s the one who caused it all.

“It amazes me – he can attack a kid and carry on as normal. How can he sleep at night knowing how much suffering he caused a young fan?”

Sarah said Ronaldo never apologized to her or her son.

She said: “He offered us to meet him and said he was sorry but he said he hadn’t done anything wrong. That’s not an excuse, that’s an insult.”

A Merseyside Police spokesman said Jacob’s phone needed repairs while the investigation was taking place.

A spokesman added: “The phone has been held pending the completion of the investigation and will be returned shortly.”

Ronaldo has been charged with breaching FA Rule E3 in an incident that took place after Manchester United FC’s Premier League match against Everton on Saturday 9 April 2022.

They said: “It is alleged that the striker’s behavior after the final whistle was inappropriate and/or violent.”

FA Rule E3 states: “A competitor must act in the best interests of the game at all times”.

It adds that they must not “act in any way that is inappropriate or brings the game into disrepute”.

They should also use “any or combination of violent behavior, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or abusive words or behavior.”

“NO EXAMPLE GIVEN”

Jacob’s mother, Sarah Kelly, spoke about the incident at the time and recounted how Ronaldo called her to apologize.

She said she wanted to see justice “because there hasn’t been any”.

And her son Jacob told The Mirror: “I looked up to him but he didn’t set an example that day.”

In an online post following the incident, Ronaldo said: “It’s never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments like the ones we’re facing.

“Nevertheless, we must always be respectful and patient and set a good example to all young players who love the beautiful game.

“I would like to apologize for my outrage and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a show of fair play and sportsmanship.”

In response to the FA’s charge, a Manchester United spokesman said: “We take note of the FA’s announcement regarding Cristiano Ronaldo.

“We will support the player in his response to the charges.”

Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with breaking the rules by the FA

4

Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with breaking the rules by the FAPhoto credit: Getty
Everton fan Jacob had been taping the striker's exit when the incident happened

4

Everton fan Jacob had been taping the striker’s exit when the incident happened

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/6301009/mum-begs-dont-let-ronaldo-get-away/ Mum asks FA not to let Cristiano Ronaldo ‘get away with it’ after smashing phone from autistic boy’s hand

ClareFora

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button