The Lee County School District will soon have a new leader.
But first, they must choose from the top five candidates for the Lee County superintendent. The candidates were interviewed recently.
They are waiting for a response and see who will advance to the final round.
The candidates are:
- Christopher Bernier is superintendent of the fifth largest school district in the nation in Clark County in Las Vegas. Bernier told the Lee County School Board that he counts coins and change and doesn’t spend it “totally wasteful.” But he’s no stranger to Florida. He spent 33 years in Orange County Schools.
- Jeff Perry was superintendent of the school district in Morristown, Tennessee for four years. Prior to that, he spent 15 years as divisional director in Virginia and Colorado. Perry told the board he’s a member of the community and became a spokesperson for his county when the pandemic began.
- Randy Mahlerwerin is an assistant superintendent in Mesa County, Arizona. He is also an adjunct faculty member at the Arizona State College of Education. He also told administrators that he was a reader and read more books on leadership than anyone he knew.
- Michael Ramirez is the associate superintendent of Denver Public Schools. Prior to that, he worked for the Broward County School District for 16 years. He told the board the story of his 11th grade teacher who invested in him and inspired him to raise his grades. It led him to his career in education.
- Michael Gaal works in private sector sales in New Jersey. Prior to that, he was the vice principal for the DC public school system. Prior to that, he was a military officer, serving as the deputy director of policy for the United States Air Force.
Copyright 2022 Fort Myers Broadcasting Company. Copyright Registered. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior written consent.
https://www.winknews.com/2022/01/20/meet-the-top-5-candidates-for-lee-county-school-district-superintendent/ Meet the Top 5 Candidates for Lee County Superintendent