Mason Greenwood makes revealing changes to his Instagram page after charges against him were dropped
MASON Greenwood has made a revealing change to his Instagram page after the charges against him were dropped last week.
The Manchester United striker’s recent social media activity could provide a clue as to his next steps amid uncertainty over his future with the club.
Greenwood, who has not played since January last year, has added the club and main sponsor Nike back to the bio on his personal page.
He has also deleted over 100 photos from his profile and all nine remaining posts show him in United colours.
The 21-year-old was charged with rape, assault and forced control until they were dropped by prosecutors earlier this month.
The case against him collapsed after several “key witnesses” withdrew and “new material” came to light.
Greenwood has not returned to training at Old Trafford and remains suspended from the club on a £100,000-a-week salary pending an internal investigation.
However, a source told The Sun Online his team-mates aren’t exactly keen on having him back.
They said: “Players are open to him returning to the team but the trial could be a massive distraction.
“The dressing room is the happiest it’s been in ages and nobody wants to rock the boat.”
Meanwhile, sources close to Greenwood revealed he could make a radical move to restart his career if he gets the boot from United.
He also continues to be banned from FIFA 23 video games, although he is no longer charged.
For his part, the striker broke his silence on the allegations in a statement on February 2.
He said: “I am relieved that this matter is now over and I would like to thank my family, loved ones and friends for their support.
“There will be no further comment at this time.”
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/7317345/mason-greenwood-change-instagram/ Mason Greenwood makes revealing changes to his Instagram page after charges against him were dropped