MANCHESTER UNITED TAGE are reportedly set to make a decision on Mason Greenwood’s future at the club ahead of the start of the new Premier League season.
The 21-year-old forward has been suspended since January 2022 after being arrested for rape, assault and controlling or coercing behavior.
However, with all charges dropped, he is keen to rebuild his life and continue his footballing career at Old Trafford.
A decision on his future at the Red Devils is now said to be imminent and the club are expected to make an announcement within the next two weeks, they say MailOnline.
A final decision on Greenwood’s future is reportedly set to be made ahead of United’s opening game against Wolves on August 14.
His three options are to stay at the Red Devils, move to another English club or somewhere else in Europe, perhaps on loan.
Greenwood’s United contract runs until June 2025.
This comes after it was reported that Greenwood was said to be delighted after Adidas backed his return following “positive” talks with the club.
Adidas is United’s biggest sponsor after signing a ten-year, £750m deal in 2015.
It is expected that other sponsors will follow suit.
A source said: “He is encouraged to speak publicly and make his voice heard.”
“But privately he has told those close to him that he has learned a lot.
“He became a father for the first time earlier this month and realizes he needs to grow up.
“He is grateful to Adidas – to have such a sponsor close by means the world.”
Greenwood remains suspended but United staff have devised a new training program and he is being monitored.
Earlier in the year it was revealed that Manchester United women’s team didn’t want him back at the club.
United have been in touch with three Italian sides – Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan – on a loan move.
Greenwood, who joined United at the age of six, made 129 appearances for the Red Devils, scoring 35 goals.