According to an investigation, MOLD may have killed a man after his mother begged to be moved out of their damp house.
Luke Brooks, 27, caught a cold after settling into his mother Patricia’s rented apartment.
He died in his bedroom in October last year.
His mother said the landlord failed to fix a broken boiler and radiators at the house in Oldham, Gtr Manchester.
Pathologist Abdul Ganjifrockwala said Luke died of acute respiratory distress syndrome.
He said it was caused by Aspergillus pneumonia.
Aspergillus, a mold, was found in Luke’s lungs.
When asked if it played a role in Luke’s death, he said, “I think so, yes.”
But mushroom expert Professor Malcolm Richardson said his tests found “little evidence” of the mold in the home.
The inquest continues at the Rochdale Coroner’s Court.