Malikah’s Well is a level 77 dungeon in Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers. After learning of the existence of a Lightwarden in the abandoned ruins of Malikah’s Well, you and your allies will need to brave the depths of these mines and bring the night back to Amh Araeng.
As you near the end of Shadowbringers patch 5.0’s dungeons, you should expect an increase in difficulty from the dungeon’s inhabitants. However, Malikah’s well is quite plain when compared to the dungeons immediately before and after. Regardless, let’s take a look at each boss you’ll be fighting in this dungeon, their attacks and mechanics, and how to defeat them.
How to Unlock Malikah’s Well
Malikah’s Well unlocks via the following Main Scenario Quest.
Accept Main Scenario Quest ‘A new beginning’
NPC location: Ryne – Amh Araeng (X: 15.8, Y: 29.1)
As usual, you will have the option of allying Malikah’s Well with Trust. While considerably slower than a real human, Trusts will teach you the mechanics of the dungeon much better than most Advisors. We recommend using a Trust ally the first time you run through a dungeon to help get a better grasp of the inner workings.
Then in the dungeon you will encounter Insolence is forgiven trash monster. These enemies will appear in a split state, but will begin to activate slowly. Focus on one of these enemies at a time to kill them before they activate.
The first boss of Malikah’s Well was Greater Armadillo. As the name implies, this armadillo is quite large. Below is a list of this boss’s attacks and mechanics.
- Falling stone: Greater Armadillo will cause two sets of four AoE circles fell to the ground, causing damage in the area. This attack will Occurs after every attack except Pack Armadillos. Be aware of the AoE drops when you dodge the following attacks.
- Stone Flail: Deals high damage to Tanks. Use defensive cooldowns when necessary.
- Headed: Target a random player with stack marker. Group on the affected player to spread the damage of this attack. The boss will also drop its tail kick after this attack, making it use Right Round right after that.
- Right ring: Deals damage for one Empty AoE around the boss and knock the player back. This attack has no indicatorbut will happen right after the Nod. Move away from the boss after stacking for Head Toss to avoid Right Round.
- Flail Smash: ONE AoE is close together will appear in the center of the arena, right after that will be Large ring AoE around the edge of the arena. Move to the edge of the arena to take damage from a nearby AoE, then quickly run back to the center of the arena to avoid the ring’s AoE.
- Packing Armadillos: Greater Armadillo will summon two packs of Armadillos. The tank should group these enemies and the rest of the group should focus on killing them first.
Greater Armadillo will repeat these attacks until it is defeated. Look out for the rockfall AoEs that occur after each attack and you should be able to get through the first boss battle of Malikah’s Well.
The second boss of this dungeon is Amphibous Talos. When a sentient rock places a bucket of water on your hands and head, you know you’re in trouble. Each of Ampectious Talos’ attacks and mechanics are detailed below.
- Efface: Deals high damage to Tanks.
- Drilling well: Amphibian Talos will move to the center of the arena and begin to execute a massive AoE attack. Move to the edge of the arena to avoid. As soon as AoE Wellbore settles, four smaller AoEs will spawn around the arenawhich one will create great waterfalls. These will remain in the arena for the next two boss attacks.
- High pressure: Return all players from the boss. You will need put yourself between two waterfalls to avoid hitting them.
- Swift Spill: The Talos landing team will move to the center of the arena and initiate this attack. The boss will rotate around left or right and cause damage and Defeat players at set intervals. You will need move in circles with the boss to avoid each attack At the same time avoid running into the waterfall.
The Talos will repeat these attacks until it is defeated. The main craftsman to watch out for is Wellbore; Don’t forget to put your exact position in this attack.
The last owner of Malikah’s Well was Storge. Prepare to dodge some AoE as you battle this dungeon’s Lightwarden. Each Storge attack is listed below.
- Crank intestines: Deals damage to all party members. Use AoE shield and heal to heal from this attack.
- Heretic’s Fork: Storge will create a square pattern around itself. After a short period of time, this pattern will emit Cross shaped AoE from bossdeals damage to its primary directions. Stand near the corners of the square to avoid this attack.
- Breaking wheel: An AoE attack covers the entire arena, leaving a safe position just below the boss. Move into Storge’s hitbox to dodge this attack.
- Crystal nails: Storge will call down four feathers around the arenawill deal damage in AoE when they land. The boss will immediately follow up with Heretic’s Fork or Breaking wheel.
- Censorship: The boss will make four feathers from Crystal Nail into use Heretic’s Fork or Breaking Wheeldepending on the last attack the boss used. These attacks will happen in a sequence around the arena, giving you time to run and avoid each one as it happens. In the end, the boss will repeat one of these two attacks.
Storge will repeat these attacks until it is defeated. When Storge uses Censorship with Breaking wheelMultiple AoEs will spawn at the same time. See the order in which they appear to make sure you move inside the correct safe position.
Optical not good for Amazon
About the author
https://www.thegamer.com/final-fantasy-14-shadowbringers-malikahs-well-dungeon-guide-walkthrough/ Malikah’s Good Dungeon Guide and Guide