It’s Week 8, however it feels just like the quarterback panorama continues to be in flux. A couple of issues have modified:
- Tyrod Taylor is returning this week for the Texans. Whereas he’s definitely higher than Davis Mills, he’s not ok to beat the horrible scenario in Houston and get them out of the dialog as a top-tier DST goal.
- The Jets traded for Joe Flacco and… aren’t going to make use of him? The present plan with Zach Wilson injured is to begin Mike White, whereas Flacco is the backup. That may be a brief measure – it’s arduous to fit a brand new QB right into a system in only a week – however till Flacco begins, the Jets are nonetheless an amazing DST goal.
- With the commerce deadline – November 2nd – approaching, commerce rumors about Deshaun Watson are heating up as soon as once more. The Dolphins, Panthers, and Eagles are all within the dialog, with a number of different fanbases disappointingly rooting for a commerce. I extremely suggest this excellent article from Sports Illustrated about Watson’s scenario in order for you the complete image. The in need of it’s Watson hasn’t really been suspended – he’s technically holding out. That has allowed the NFL to not decide on suspending him, however there’s a really actual probability they do if he will get traded to a staff the place he may really play. That’s to not point out it simply being a scummy transfer on behalf of whichever staff does purchase him. The allegations look like credible, so it’s arduous to think about he has a lot in the way in which of long-term prospects within the NFL, even when a staff does get a couple of weeks out of him this 12 months.
- The Panthers benched Sam Darnold final week, however it seems to be extra of a “there’s no purpose to go away the starter in throughout such a blowout” and fewer of an “really benching him long-term.” Until the Panthers get Watson, Darnold nonetheless seems to be the starter.
Week 8 Streaming D/ST Rankings
Solely two groups – LV and BAL – are on bye this week. The checklist of groups I really feel assured is definitely on the quick facet this week, however with a number of low-rostership choices, you shouldn’t should dig too deep to discover a protection. Rostership numbers are from Yahoo. You’ll find me on Twitter.
|The Begin Them With Confidence Tier|
|The Nonetheless a Superb Alternative Tier|
|The Perhaps You Can’t Discover One thing Higher Tier|
|The Absolutely You Can Discover One thing Higher Tier|
- SF @ CHI: Bears QB Justin Fields leads the league in sacks taken and is neck-and-neck with Zach Wilson on a per-game foundation. Whereas Fields’ three interceptions final week won’t occur once more, it’s not the primary time this Bears staff has scored lower than 10 factors, and it in all probability gained’t be the final.
- LAR @ HOU: Texans QB Tyrod Taylor is slated to return this week. He’s definitely an improve over Davis Mills, however Vegas doesn’t appear to assume Houston will do significantly better, with a still-extremely-low factors projection of 16.75. Taylor hasn’t had a daily beginning job since he was with the Browns. Again then, he took loads of sacks however prevented turning the ball over a lot, which is mirrored in these projections.
- CIN @ NYJ: With Zach Wilson injured, the Jets traded for Joe Flacco. It seems their plan continues to be to begin Mike White, which is curious. White was drafted in 2018 and hadn’t seen the sector till final week. Flacco is probably going the higher quarterback, however I suppose it doesn’t value the Jets a lot to offer White an opportunity in a season as misplaced as this one. I gained’t complain although, Flacco driving the bench means the Jets will stay an S-tier DST goal till White surprises us.
- KC vs. NYG: In the event you’re not totally purchased into my QBs-are-the-only-thing-that-matters philosophy of fantasy defenses and as a substitute know which real-world defenses are good or dangerous, it may be shocking to see Kansas Metropolis ranked this extremely. However 21 factors is a reasonably low projection for the Giants, and Daniel Jones continues to be one of many extra sack-able QBs within the league. Saquon Barkley may return this week, however Kansas Metropolis is definitely respectable towards the run; their defensive struggles are actually within the passing sport.
- ATL vs. CAR: Panthers QB Sam Darnold was benched late in a blowout loss final week, however he nonetheless seems to be the starter. The Panthers are one of many groups caught up within the Deshaun Watson commerce rumors which have been swirling, however for now, nothing has occurred. Darnold is one in every of a number of QBs tied at three sacks/sport this season, and he’s nonetheless as interception-prone as he was as a Jet.
- SEA vs. JAC: Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence will get our highest turnover projection at an enormous 1.5. With 11 in six video games(8 interceptions, three fumbles), that projection is definitely decrease than his season price. There are a couple of safer picks, however in order for you upside, you may’t do significantly better than Seattle this week.
- TB @ NO: Talking of upside, Saints QB Jameis Winston holds the single-season report for pick-sixes thrown, with seven in 2019. He’s largely stored it collectively this season however has nonetheless been as boom-bust as ever from a scoring perspective. I feel Tampa Bay has a greater probability than most to trigger one in every of his basic meltdowns.
- TEN @ IND: Carson Wentz has continued to be much less cell than he was (regardless of a dashing TD final week), and as such, does loads much less of holding on to a ball he ought to eliminate, resulting in a sack. He nonetheless has a reasonably clear ceiling, having didn’t throw greater than two TDs in a sport this season. This tier known as “Perhaps You Can’t Discover One thing Higher” for a purpose, and at 6% rostership, Tennessee is a viable backup plan.
- JAC vs. SEA: I sometimes rank 10 groups in my startable tiers, however at 1% rostership, there’s no purpose you’ll have to succeed in deeper than this. Russell Wilson continues to be injured, which means Geno Smith is the Seahawks’ starter. Smith has now had back-to-back video games with 5 sacks. Seattle as a matchup deserves the next rank, however Jacksonville’s protection just isn’t good. Vegas’s projection for Seattle – 23.5 factors – is greater than they’ve scored in a sport with Smith thus far.
https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/10/lets-stream-defenses-week-8-2021-fantasy-football/ | Let’s Stream Defenses: Week 8 (2021 Fantasy Soccer)