Legia Warsaw attacks police as they storm the Leicester stands and set off flares during Europa League defeat

The UGLY scene erupted during Leicester’s Europa League win over Legia Warsaw when away fans attacked police.

The Foxes were leading the game 3-1 as traveling supporters clashed with security and police.

Bad scenes broke out during Leicester's Europa League match against Legia Warsaw


Bad scenes broke out during Leicester’s Europa League match against Legia WarsawCredit: Conor Molloy / News Images
Legia Warsaw fans attack the police in the stands


Legia Warsaw fans attack the police in the standsCredit: Reuters

Flares had been set off earlier and visiting supporters tried to storm the home stands, where Leicester fans were sitting, with objects also being thrown.

After the game, Brendan Rodgers said: “It looked like there was some problem in the far corner, so I didn’t see it much.

“But obviously it’s been going on for a while and to be honest it’s not something you want to see at a football game.

“I haven’t seen or heard any details of it but hopefully no one was hurt.”

Goals from Patson Daka and James Maddison after 21 minutes gave the Foxes a two-goal lead before Filip Mladenovic equalized one.

Wilfred Ndidi then made it 3-1 after 33 minutes and they are now top of the table.


It took five games and some setbacks to get to this stage but in the end, ice cream seems to have come out on top.

However, Leicester will have to prove it against current Serie A leaders Napoli at the hostile Diego Armando Maradona Stadium – when they will really have to show their temper.

Brendan Rodgers’ fighters suffered a blow before the game when Jonny Evans stretched during the warm-up and had to be replaced by Daniel Amartey.

However, it quickly became clear that the defender was an extra option, rather than a necessity, as the pair used hammer and clamp.

Four goals came before half-time in the suffocating first 45 minutes that should have left the defenders scrutinizing the cracks in their fingers.

Once again Leicester were unable to keep a clean sheet but they soon gathered their nerve to score another third to restore their two-goal lead.

Maddison took a laser-guided corner and 20-year-old goalkeeper Miszta made a name for himself by making a clean swipe on the incoming pass.

That unfortunate mistake allowed Ndidi to head into the net from just four yards to put the Foxes back in control.

To give them credit, the Poles tried their best to put in a punch and Soyuncu bravely stepped in to deny Luquinhas a simple touch, before Wieteska headed home the net of Castagne.

Read ours Live blog football news for the latest gossip, gossip and deals done

Antonio Conte says the level at Tottenham is not too high after 1-2 defeat to NS Mura Legia Warsaw attacks police as they storm the Leicester stands and set off flares during Europa League defeat

Huynh Nguyen

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button