Fun-loving motorsport icon Sir Stirling Moss left £20million in his will, telling his friends: “Enjoy a few nights.”
The Formula 1 legend, who died in 2020 at the age of 90, bestowed the order on 18 of his closest and dearest, alongside a series of generous legacies.
Gifts included £1,000 given to a couple for dinner at Joe’s Stone Crab restaurant in Miami, Florida.
And he gave out his favorite pictures, model cars and even a lucky silver rabbit’s foot to others.
Since 1980 he left most of his wealth to his wife, Lady Susie, as well as to his daughter Allison and son Elliot.
Figures from the Probate Office showed the star, who lived in Mayfair, central London, left £22.08million in his will, but this did not include any US assets.
The daring racing style of Sir Stirling, who won 16 out of 66 F1 races from 1951 to 1961, meant that frenzied motorists when stopped by police were asked: ‘Who do you think you are, Stirling Moss? “
Sir Stirling died with Lady Susie at his bedside last year after a long illness.
Paying tribute, she said: “It was one lap too many.
“He died as he lived and looked wonderful.
“He was just tired at the end and closed his beautiful eyes and that was it.”
List of Sir Sterling’s Legacies
- £1,000 to a (now deceased) pal for him and his wife “to enjoy a couple of our usual evenings” and two trophies
- £10,000 and a painting by Marcel Lebrun to his former secretary
- A hand-carved birdcage Maserati sculpture by artist Dennis Hoyt to a male pal
- A model train from John Brierley to another male friend
- £2,000 and his Mercedes Benz Boxed Edition Silver Arrows, which Mercedes Benz had given him to a male friend in 1998
- A Talbot model for a male friend
- £1,000 to a married London couple to enjoy at Joe’s Stone Crab restaurant in Miami, USA
- £1,000 to a friend
- A Cooper model for a male pal
- £5,000 to a married couple
- Another £5,000 to a US friend
- His silver rabbit’s foot – given to Sir Stirling by friends in 1954 – to his ex-psychiatrist for ‘giving me more than happiness’
- £1,000 to a friend ‘to pay her phone bill’
- £1,000 to another friend
- £10,000 to his niece to ‘buy another horse’
- £5,000 to a couple as ‘thank you for your loyalty’
- A painting of Hyde Park by artist Dexter Brown to “remind her of her many numbered bottles that she enjoyed after strolling through that park”.
- £10,000 to his rally driver sister Pat, who sadly passed away in 2008
- £20,000 to his goddaughter
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun newsroom?
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/2409479/f1-stirling-moss-will/ Legendary F1 star Sir Stirling Moss left £20million in his will and told friends to stay a few nights after his death