Lee Health says the increase in omicrons and the return of seasonal residents are keeping its hospital operating at near full capacity.
Therefore, the hospital continues to suspend elective surgeries requiring an overnight stay.
Golisano Children’s Hospital is currently taking care of patients aged 29 and under to take advantage of all available beds.
Knowing where you need to go to get the most appropriate care saves time and money.
Lee Health has many convenient options for getting care, Lee Health said.
For care in your own home, Lee Telehealth connects you directly with a provider who can provide care for all the same things as an urgent care facility. At this time, Lee Telehealth is free and can be accessed at www.LeeTeleHealth.org.
If you need to see a doctor in person, make an appointment with your primary care doctor or visit a Lee Convenience facility. Lee Convenience Care can treat everything from viruses and respiratory infections to broken bones or sprains.
Dispatch Health is another at-home option if you can’t get to the doctor’s office. Dispatch Health brings a care team directly to your doorstep for the same types of illness or injury as an urgent care clinic. For a list of conditions they can treat, or make an appointment www.DispatchHealth.com.
If you are having a medical emergency, have someone else take you to the emergency room or call 911 right away.
- As of Wednesday morning, there are 240 COVID-19 patients isolated at Lee Health hospitals.
- Of those patients, six of them are being treated at Southwest Florida’s Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- As of Wednesday morning, the hospital’s census was at 96% of its active bed capacity.
- As of Wednesday morning, the Census in the intensive care unit was 95% of the staff’s active bed capacity. There are 33 COVID-19 patients in the ICU.
- On Tuesday, Lee Health’s emergency departments admitted 894 patients.
- Lee TeleHealth is currently free and is an easy alternative to avoid longer than usual wait times at urgent care centers. To access Lee Telehealth, download the Lee Health app or visit www.LeeTelehealth.org.
Copyright 2022 Fort Myers Broadcasting Company. Copyright Registered. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior written consent.
https://www.winknews.com/2022/02/02/lee-health-reports-240-covid-19-patients-isolated-in-its-hospitals/ Lee Health reports 240 isolated COVID-19 patients in its hospitals