For the first time in two weeks, Lee Health is treating fewer than 300 COVID-19 patients at the hospital.
The health system said in a press release: “While it appears we have reached the peak of the omicron increase, patient volumes throughout the health system remain exceptionally high. high.
As or Wednesday morning:
- As of Wednesday morning, Lee Health had 287 COVID-19 patients isolated in their hospital.
- Of these patients, six of them are being treated at Southwest Florida’s Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- The hospital census is 95% of staff active bed capacity, and the intensive care unit census is 95% of staff active bed capacity.
- There are 38 COVID-19 patients in the ICU.
- As of Tuesday, Lee Health’s emergency departments had 829 patients and Lee Convenience had 3.
“Hospitals in our area face capacity challenges each winter as we welcome back seasonal residents. Southwest Florida is approaching peak season and is expected to be a busy one as those who were unable to travel due to COVID last year are eager to head south for winter break. Therefore, it is important to know the most appropriate place for healthcare,” they added.
If you are having a medical emergency, have someone else take you to the emergency room or call 911 right away.
For less serious illnesses and injuries, Lee Health has several convenient options for getting care. Lee’s Convenience Care facilities are available to treat everything from viruses and respiratory infections to broken bones or sprains.
For the in-home option, Lee Telehealth connects you directly with a provider who can provide care for all of the same things as an urgent care facility. Dispatch Health is another in-home option that brings a direct care team to your doorstep for similar types of illness or injury. For a list of conditions they can treat, or to make an appointment, visit www.LeeTelehealth.org or www.DispatchHealth.com.
Copyright 2022 Fort Myers Broadcasting Company. Copyright Registered. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior written consent.
https://www.winknews.com/2022/01/26/lee-health-has-287-covid-19-patients-isolated-in-its-hospitals-wednesday/ Lee Health had 287 COVID-19 patients isolated in its hospitals on Wednesday